Everything Else

Is there something I'm missing about PDF files? - Page 2

sybrfreq wrote:
He said he was using it on an IBM PC.

Jesus. I had this problem up in haerbin once. We put in a 25,000 lb, 25 hp horizontal machining center with 400 ipm rapids and exceptional accuracy. The company insisted on using a bunch of crapped-out old Roosky manual machines to rough everything because they didn't want to wear out the expensive cnc machine. We were cutting aluminum ...

Pent ? Ditch the effing Winshit. You've got the good stuff there, I've seen your sig.
theinonen wrote:
These vector images must have been made in some 3d-modelling software, as they could have been drawn much simpler in a 2d app and as such are not very suitable for editing.

For example if you look the picture below, you see that top of that Tezro case is made of 9 different shapes, when that same could have been achieved with only 3 shapes. And if you look at the bottom menu you see something like 8652 objects in the foreground. I believe it would take a superhuman effort to group all of those and put them to layers.

One method would be to put everything into a magnetic layer, and then use snaps to draw a simpler image on top of the old one.

I took a stab at the same image yesterday. I had no problem using Inkscape to separating the purple plastics into a layer of itself. Notice that all holes in the metal is a few shapes that need to be selected and moved.. those will take some time. Another approach that I might try is to edit the SVG as a textfile and group things by Z-order. It will take some trial and error but should be quicker.

I would do more, but I'm not sure what software should be used to view the result in a nice click-to-show-layer-x fashion.