Everything Else

stupid videos from X86-secret

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 3BC97B4B88

those are old videos made several years ago by the creators of X-86 secret.

if you have a bizarre sense of humor, aren't afraid to hear some frenglish and you like to see x86 stuff destroyed (which i suppose you do since you're on here) those videos will make you laugh (or at least smile). the RAID failure makes me almost piss myself every time :mrgreen:

i recommend duron vaporising, RAID failure and computer exorcism :D
:Octane:
acidchrist wrote: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F292DB3BC97B4B88

those are old videos made several years ago by the creators of X-86 secret.

if you have a bizarre sense of humor, aren't afraid to hear some frenglish and you like to see x86 stuff destroyed (which i suppose you do since you're on here) those videos will make you laugh (or at least smile). the RAID failure makes me almost piss myself every time :mrgreen:

i recommend duron vaporising, RAID failure and computer exorcism :D

Ahhh... if only Flash could work without suddendly closing Firefox 3.5.6 on Ubuntu 9.10... :roll:
GeneratriX wrote: [
Ahhh... if only Flash could work without suddendly closing Firefox 3.5.6 on Ubuntu 9.10... :roll:

having installed 9.10 recently on my macbook and my core 2 pc i have a lot more problems than i had before with the 8.xx.

the only things that made ubuntu interesting were its simplicity, compatibility and reliability and now it appears that it just isn't worth using anymore. i think i'm gonna try archlinux instead

i actually saw ubuntu uninstall itself in synaptic after an unknown problem when i was installing stuff from the universe repository (it uninstalled packages like ubuntu, the kernel, and everything else) and without telling me anything or asking me what to do. i was used to see such horrible failures on windows but i'd never seen anything like that on linux
:Octane:
Hey there, acidchrist!

acidchrist wrote: having installed 9.10 recently on my macbook and my core 2 pc i have a lot more problems than i had before with the 8.xx.

You're right... I was enough stupid to accept the suggestion to upgrade my previous near-to-perfect 8.10 install... and since then everything was a path of pains! :?

I can understand it... it looks like some kind of sabotagge... maybe they forgot to pay some invoice over there, or something like that? :roll:

acidchrist wrote: the only things that made ubuntu interesting were its simplicity, compatibility and reliability and now it appears that it just isn't worth using anymore. i think i'm gonna try archlinux instead

Again you hit right on the nail... I hate to say it, but this thing about Flash/Firefox is getting me more tired every day... specially because everybody (including myself, blewww!) now has some kind of Flash based technology on his site!

Anyway, I think I'm even more tired having switched from at least six different distros on latest years... and I don't want to go again thru all these pain, customizing the apps, repackaging my own tools, etc. It is simply too much for me now... :?

acidchrist wrote: i actually saw ubuntu uninstall itself in synaptic after an unknown problem when i was installing stuff from the universe repository (it uninstalled packages like ubuntu, the kernel, and everything else) and without telling me anything or asking me what to do. i was used to see such horrible failures on windows but i'd never seen anything like that on linux

Yeah, I was *almost* about to suffer such a pain when tried to update my themes from the previous release and it asked me some decision before to proceed... by some instant of illumination, I've clicked on "Details", and it was about to uninstall most part of my system, along with the few package to update... :evil: ...what a crap!!!

I hope Ubuntu will be eventually back to the good track. I can't believe they will keep this thing like that.
I stopped using ubuntu on my thinkpad after version 7.10, it had gotten worse and worse after each upgrade. I tried the latest version 9.10 not too long ago, which doesn't even support ACPI docking, so I have to imagine they've lost most laptop users. Not to mention I couldn't adjust my backlight anymore, though it will change the brightness on it's own without any user input. I can do this even in dos with the FN-key combinations. It also wouldn't turn on the backlight after standby, there was a fix that involved hand-editing some file which broke several other things (of course)....

It also refuses to charge my battery unless I shut down the system first (it claims the battery is "damaged", it is 5 years old but still runs for a short while... 2 or 3 hours). I have never heard of ubuntu un-installing itself but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

They really tried to make it a nightmare so I gave up and went back to windows XP on that machine which is far more stable and reliable. OSx86 is fun too. If you need a linux, try arch or gentoo which might be harder to use, but actually work. Most of the time.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Well, sorry because we got the thread stolen with this... I was just to angered with Firefox and I've made my public discharge here, sorry! :)

Yes, all of the above with Ubuntu is very anoying, but I'll hold a bit more before to jump out. It is too much work to change from platform again... and all in all, it works for the rest. Just no Flash.

Hey!, Merry christmas for all! All the best,
Diego
I dunno, some of the things ubuntu has made me do could drive one to some of the behavior in the videos so maybe this isn't so off-topic at all. although some of those machines destroyed are faster and newer than mine which is kind of sad but oh well. Scene 3 was pretty funny.
sybrfreq wrote: I dunno, some of the things ubuntu has made me do could drive one to some of the behavior in the videos so maybe this isn't so off-topic at all. although some of those machines destroyed are faster and newer than mine which is kind of sad but oh well. Scene 3 was pretty funny.

I would like to say "-I saw it, it was funny!", but that's simply not the truth! :D ...you know: "Courtesy of Firefox+Flash+Ubuntu!" ...so, yeap!, you're right, we are still on-topic! Sometimes Ubuntu leads to some crazyness, heheh! But not enough to make think of MS Win, nope! ;)
well... in honesty, you are not missing much, just old computers + fireworks.
sybrfreq wrote: well... in honesty, you are not missing much, just old computers + fireworks.

Yeap, no problem. Anyway, I've installed Opera, and it seems to confirm some of my thoughts: -the culprit is not Firefox on Ubuntu, but it is more like some kind of bug from the Flash build for AMD64. It does not works with Opera at all.
GeneratriX wrote:
sybrfreq wrote: well... in honesty, you are not missing much, just old computers + fireworks.

Yeap, no problem. Anyway, I've installed Opera, and it seems to confirm some of my thoughts: -the culprit is not Firefox on Ubuntu, but it is more like some kind of bug from the Flash build for AMD64. It does not works with Opera at all.

Flash 10 requires curl installed, Opera will only work with Flash 9
:Indy: :O2: :Octane2:
DECpc AXP/150, Sun IPX, Ultra 60 (broken), Mac 630, G4 Digital Audio, Amiga 1200T, IBM 7009-C10, HP Envizex a, A180, B132L, C360, C3600.
Dear CEO

Went to your company's website today. The garbage Flash on your website crashed my browser. I didn't come to you for a Rich Internet Experience, I wanted to check prices and maybe order something. But since you are more interested in playing with your dick than making a sale, I left without buying anything.

Merry Christmas and don't come crying to us dumbass consumers when you go broke !

love and kisses, big hugs to the kids

An ex-potential-customer
hamei wrote: Dear CEO

Went to your company's website today. The garbage Flash on your website crashed my browser. I didn't come to you for a Rich Internet Experience, I wanted to check prices and maybe order something. But since you are more interested in playing with your dick than making a sale, I left without buying anything.

Merry Christmas and don't come crying to us dumbass consumers when you go broke !

love and kisses, big hugs to the kids

An ex-potential-customer

Excellent, I'll add it to my existant base of templates! :) ...anyway, I hope I'll not receive myself many letters as the above! :shock:
Merry christmas!