Apple

iPhone 4

iPhone 4

Your views?

Emachines PC 3.0GHz Dual Core (Intel)
Custom Built Ubuntu PC 1.207GHz (AMD)
Mac G4 1.25GHz
i like the old styling. but everything must change. i'll get one next year if my current iphone wears out, or is too slow to enjoy.

All Rights Reserved.
Like the new style, and finally its performance matches my expectation, sure will get one when it comes out.
It has a much more, usuable style.

Well it looks like something you would take to work.

Emachines PC 3.0GHz Dual Core (Intel)
Custom Built Ubuntu PC 1.207GHz (AMD)
Mac G4 1.25GHz
If I ever needed/wanted a smartphone, I would get that one. But I don't. Nokia 6010 FTW!

Yeah, I am going to wait until after the initial rush I think... I am still deciding if my current iPhone NEEEDS to be faster.

Not gonna happen - too small a market, compared to the consumer electronics biz. Macs have been growing their marketshare, but not that much. Apple's growth over the past so many years has been because of what they've delivered in the CE space. It reminds me of how Sony tried to spin itself as a lifestyle company, except Apple managed to pull it off.

I'm sorely tempted. I've been carrying around a first-gen iPwn using T-Mo and was hoping to hear about a carrier other than AT&T, but the devs I was talking to turned out to be wrong on that score.

The contender is the HTC Evo on Sprint, but mostly because of the unlimited data and MiFi functionality. But Android isn't driving me wild with desire... Nice device though.

The evo is getting panned for poor battery life - considering that I'm already disappointed in my Nexus One for that reason I wouldn't get one. It's not "Android" as a platform that causes poor battery life like a lot of dumb tech bloggers seem to think though - it's more advanced, faster chipsets found in new Android phones combined with some iffy kernel engineering on some devices. Once the device has no wake locks and goes into power collapse mode (which most phones spend most of their time in), the kernel combined with the hardware is responsible for battery life, not any Android bits. My HTC Vogue gets several days out of a charge running Android because the hardware is old and the community developed kernel has matured well. Newer Snapdragon phones fare less well because the radio on Snapdragon is power hungry and Qualcomm enjoy shipping half-baked kernels (plus these phones tend to have either huge or OLED screens, both which suck power).
We'll see how the iPhone 4 fares in this regard - the iPad has impressive run time but also weighs a ton and is mostly battery internally. On the other hand, Apple tend to excel at battery life on the software side lately, even when getting drivers from 3rd parties (take a look at how well OS X does on a recent MacBook pro).
And hopefully Qualcomm and all the big phone integrators get their act together and start focusing on battery life rather than raw speed and ship dates on the Android side.

Re: Evo battery life - a friend/coworker attended Google IO and received one, so I got to play with it for a short time. After watching the entire 10 minute HD "spoon killer' bit from YouTube and enabling the MiFi for a bit to update a couple apps on my iPhone, you could see the drop in the battery charge. Useful reminder, I'd been a little over-focused on plan costs and data caps...