Apple

New 27" iMac!

Maybe this has already been posted but wow....

New iMacs with the LED display. Top model is a 27" 2.66 GHz quad-core i5 with a 1 TB hard drive and 4 GB RAM for $1,999.

Maxed out version is 27" 2.8 GHz quad-core i5 with 2 TB hard drive and 16 GB! Didn't bother pricing that since no one should by RAM from Apple...

What do you think, does a 27" LED display and the other specs make it competitive with a hackintosh at the same price (expandability is still limited)?
I did see, and I did fall in love, but my iMac is still new and awesome. I think I will wait 4 years for another. I am super in love with the thought of have 4 ram slots instead of 2 though. I am waiting to put 8gb of ram into mine because 2x4 is expensive, but 4x2 is super cheap.
Stuff.
The best part is the display input.
:Indy: :rx2600: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
D-EJ915 wrote: The best part is the display input.

Wow I didn't even see that. I wonder if the 24" Cinema Display is going to drop in price. $900 seemed high before and now that you can get a 27" display which is a whole iMac for just over twice the price it seems ridiculous.
QuicksilverG4 wrote:
Maxed out version is 27" 2.8 GHz quad-core i5 with 2 TB hard drive and 16 GB! Didn't bother pricing that since no one should by RAM from Apple...

The top end actually has the i7 chip in it. :D
Patrick

- That's what she said -
Just placed an order for an i7 27" iMac - my first ever Mac :) .

Unfortunately they have problems with the delivery dates - if they are unable to ship it this week I will have to cancel it and reorder as I am going away for two weeks...

There seem to be some problems with the screen on the big Macs according to the Apple boards, and people also recommended to reinstall OSX from scratch when getting delivery of the machine for better performance.
assyrix wrote: Just placed an order for an i7 27" iMac - my first ever Mac :) .

Unfortunately they have problems with the delivery dates - if they are unable to ship it this week I will have to cancel it and reorder as I am going away for two weeks...

There seem to be some problems with the screen on the big Macs according to the Apple boards, and people also recommended to reinstall OSX from scratch when getting delivery of the machine for better performance.

I saw some reports of the wireless module causing slow downs. There is a guy on MacRumors that has had his iMac replaced 3 times and eventually Apple told him there should be firmware patches soon (or something to the tune of).
Stuff.