Apple

Avid TrueVision drivers - Page 2

You sure those disc images work?
I'm writing them to a disc using Nero and my mac is not detecting them and Ubuntu is complaining about a bad FS type and not mounting them.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
pentium wrote:
I'm writing them to a disc using Nero and my mac is not detecting them and Ubuntu is complaining about a bad FS type and not mounting them.

I've tried the first one and it was fine. The second one instead, appears without content of any kind. But I don't know if it is a bad image or what...

Try mounting the images using the loopback driver. Try running "file" on the images.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL:
I'll redo the Mac version but I can't at the moment since the CDs have paper labels and the iMac's slot load drive doesn't like them. I'm working on getting another system up and running now.
Thanks Quicksilver. It's still weird that it won't burn right. Are you able to amke toast images I know I can mount those directly.

Sorry for the delay but some on the files on the CD seem to be corrupt. But I think all the important stuff is OK.

http://home.comcast.net/~tmbannon/TARGA/TARGAMAC.iso
Okay, I'll give that a burn and see if that works any better.

Edit: Someone needs to if this latest image works and how they burned it as once again I'm given a disc that nothing wants to mount.

It mounts fine for me in 10.5. Can't run anything of course but it mounts. Don't have an Classic-capable system at the moment.
That's probably my problem than as I'm trying to mount it on OS9.
That and I'm burning the iso to a CD-RW on a PC to read in my mac.

I think there may be an OS 9-capable Mac at work. I'll take my CD-R in there and see what I can do. I don't have the original CDs anymore.
Sweet. Thanks.

Now that you mentioned it, that pic is pretty poor from ESD stand point.

I just never lost an electronic device due ESD discharge, humidity here is around 80%, in the midst of Atlantic Forest, with a river and waterfall nearby. :)

I have really bad ESD related habits because of it, when I travel I get zapped all the time.
:Indigo2: Extreme R4400 200MHz (1MB L2) 160MB
guardian452 wrote:
metallizer wrote: SPB090035.jpg

It will take some time to build a system around these, I have some other projects going on.

rawr! the ESD cop is here to shut you down! I spy, with my little eye... a polyester carpet and nonconductive plastic bags. :twisted:
**ESD malarkey**

The super sensitivity of electronics to ESD is all in your head. :P
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

pentium wrote:
guardian452 wrote:
metallizer wrote: SPB090035.jpg

It will take some time to build a system around these, I have some other projects going on.

rawr! the ESD cop is here to shut you down! I spy, with my little eye... a polyester carpet and nonconductive plastic bags. :twisted:
**ESD malarkey**

The super sensitivity of electronics to ESD is all in your head. :P

It depends on the specific electronics - some are, some aren't. 1970's MOS is fairly sensitive.
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

"I am O SH-- the Great and Powerful"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
New stuff, doesn't matter. It's hard to kill and even if you do nobody cares about a $.03 chip or $100 board.

Old stuff is more sensitive sometimes, and you can't just rush out to buy another one at the bigbuys store.
guardian452 wrote: New stuff, doesn't matter. It's hard to kill and even if you do nobody cares about a $.03 chip or $100 board.

Old stuff is more sensitive sometimes, and you can't just rush out to buy another one at the bigbuys store.

Speak for yourself, $100 boards ain't cheap, and the big problem is when the 3-cent chip isn't completely dead and you solder it in a particularly inaccessible location, put everything together, and then find out that you have oddities.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
hey I've done both of those. The worst is you don't know. Could be doa, could be esd, could be anything.

but generally, people don't care. Things, especially in the PC/wintel world, are expected to not work.
metallizer wrote: Just got my hands on these cards, it´s a targa 2000 rtx + breakout box + abekas dveous 3D effects card.

Where'd you find the Abekas card? I saw one included with a SDX on a ebay auction that had already ended a few months ago but rarely if ever before that. I've got an RTX setup on ebay - kinda hard to justify old SD hardware now that HD boards have gotten so much cheaper. Still curious though.
Apparently it was all pulled away from a Scitex MicroSphere, like this:

http://home.intekom.com/mcm/products/sphere/micro.htm

as you said, SD professional equipment is meaningless right now, the market moved to HD.
:Indigo2: Extreme R4400 200MHz (1MB L2) 160MB
guardian452 wrote: but generally, people don't care. Things, especially in the PC/wintel world, are expected to not work.

An absolute triumph of marketing, by the way.

"What do you mean by saying that you expect it to work? We don't do "work" anymore - we just take your money. Try buying the next version - it might be fixed in that one."