Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

MaXX Interactive Desktop Spring 2016 Release

Hi everyone,

I am very excited to announce the upcoming new version of MaXX Interactive Desktop dubbed MaXX Spring 2016 Edition

The release will be divided into two parts; Legacy and Modern.
- Legacy will be based on motif-2.1.32 and will include; 5Dwm, toolchest, mxterm, openinventor, performer, and a bunch of cool toys.
- Modern will be based on motif-2.3.4 and Qt5 and will include new versions of 5Dwn, toolchest, desktop-apps, config-apps, fm, openinventor, performer and some cool toys *sgi style.

What would you like to see in MaXX?

Thank you for your support

Eric
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 1GB RAM DUAL HEAD
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 512MB RAM
Octane2 R14K 600MHz 2GB RAM V10 Pro
SGI 1400 Quad Xeon III 766Mhz 2GB Quad Voodo5 SLI
MacBook (MacBook3,1 ) OS X
MacBook Pro (MacBookPro5,3)
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
Hackintosh OSX Server 10.3 ]Dual Quad Xeon 5420, FX1700
Not sure how out of step I am with what Maxx currently (or recently) offers, but I remember trying to install a version of it on an older Ubuntu build I had. From what I remember it went mostly smoothly but it didn't seem to offer multiple desktops (the stock Ubuntu set-up did). Maybe I just didn't notice where the settings were? Also, I think it would be cool (assuming Ubuntu) if installing software from the repositories would automatically add the launcher in the Toolchest somewhere (where it would be appropriate, I suppose), if it doesn't do that already. From what I remember the older version of Maxx I tried had xterm windows and a console window (which displayed error messages from programs launched from the Toolchest instead of the command line), that is something I wish Linux had by default.
Now this are great news! :D

If I saw some kinde of donation-button, I would be encouraged to donate ;)

I really want to see this project to succeed :)
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Please consider possibility of adding tiling support! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiling_window_manager Static or better dynamic.
Stacking (floating) is not always comfortable for work in modern age :)
Thanks.
Hi.

Because i like SBCs like Raspberrys and so on, i'd like to ask if it would be possible to get an ARM Version?