Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Hololens magic from Microsoft - Page 2

hamei wrote: visit a banana boat from Costa Rica. There were no port-tainers then, the bananas came out of the hold on rubber belts with buckets, then were offloaded by longshoremen. They had <big> hairy spiders, too .
Back before the lease ran out I was going thru JOTC at Fort Sherman (Panama, as in Canal Zone). Once in a while we'd run across bananas while humping thru the jungle. Since the gov't supplied alternative was usually Lurps, we'd occasionally stop for a pick-yer-own snack. Was doing just that and felt something on my foot. Looked down and found a tarantula big enough to cover the whole toe of my boot. Instinctively kicked to get it off my foot, and it flew thru the air and hit my buddy right in the back of the neck. Right about the same instant the tarantula made contact somebody else hollered "damn that's a BIG motherfuckin' spider". Up until then would have never thought possible to go from a standing-still-peeling-a-banana to ten-feet-away-and-half-naked in so little time. Never could convince my buddy that it wasn't intentional, and as far as I know, his nickname is still Spiderman.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
MRE: because LRP was too easy to dysphemise
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 800MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote: MRE: because LRP was too easy to dysphemise
This was pre-MRE, the choices were lurps, Cs, Ks .... or bananas.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Bananas it is!
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 800MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
guardian452 wrote: you just put on your holo-lens, holo-nose, holo-tongue, and holo-suit and get in your self-driving googlemobile

Man, sometimes I wish there was a holo-nose... not a fan of far too many "natural" scents :-)
--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: