Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Cascading Screwup Sheets - Page 2

fu wrote:
bo's gorgeous in her navy pinstripe sleepingbag :)

She loves her dog bag. First, it's hers , not anyone else's. Second, it means we're going somewhere, yippee ! Maybe going to see Grandma Pork Bone !

Quote:
it won't fix dodgy code/design but there's a little addon / bookmarklet that makes reading online a bit better. it ain't perfect (screws alignment every now and then) but it usually cleans up most of web litter . hope this works on irix?

It makes things look a little nicer but doesn't cure the dumbo <br> insertions. It's just a script, similar to greasemonkey ... I'm wondering if one couldn't set up a greasemonkey javascript to autmatically look for <width=800> sections in any html and alter them to <width=100%> ... ? Where is Proxomitron now that we need her ?

The more I exit my safe little neko coccoon, the more of this shit I see. What the hell happened ? Five years ago all the html books, docs, tutorials made a big point of the fact that the web is not paper, that one does not do this fixed-pixels crap. It's absolutely wrong. Yet here we are today with 2/3 of the web all screwed up.

This is the home page of the guy who did the <width=800> <br><br><br> george orwell page. I suspect he cares nothing for george but saw a chance to gather a bunch of free clicks ... anyway, enjoy enjoy. The site speaks for itself :

http://jrap.org/