IRIX and Software

Installing/Booting IRIX on Fuel...

Anyone know if it is at all possible to boot and install IRIX on a Fuel with a mixture of EFS CD's(for the Overlay/Install Tools) and ISO 9660(for the Foundation CDs ?)

Or prehaps a way to boot/install from a set of ISO 9660 formated CDs with the dist's on ?
S1nn3r wrote: Anyone know if it is at all possible to boot and install IRIX on a Fuel with a mixture of EFS CD's(for the Overlay/Install Tools) and ISO 9660(for the Foundation CDs ?)

Or prehaps a way to boot/install from a set of ISO 9660 formated CDs with the dist's on ?

Is this the only SGI machine you have ? 'cuz I struggled with that for ages (had a weirdass combination of CD's, I think - you need at least 6.5.14 to install onto a Fuel) before I gave up and put them all on another box running Irix. Then it was a snap to do a network install.
S1nn3r wrote: Anyone know if it is at all possible to boot and install IRIX on a Fuel with a mixture of EFS CD's(for the Overlay/Install Tools) and ISO 9660(for the Foundation CDs ?)

ISO 9660 is not supported in command monitor, period. In other words you have no chance to install IRIX from ISO 9660 burned CD's. Think that for Fuel you need 6.5.14 at least, once when you have IRIX installed you may use ISO 9660 burned overlays from Software Manager or run inst to perform updates.