IRIX and Software

setihome@enhanced for Irix ?

At the moment there's a setihome-client for Irix. But I don't know, if somebody will compile a client for setihome@enhanced. I am myself betatester for MacOSX and HP-UX.
Does somebody have informations about such a development activity for Irix ?
will try it.
for all interested guys:
cvs checkout -r setiathome_enhanced seti_boinc

will let you know ...
r-a-c.de
tried it yesterday and i have to say it's one of the worst codes i've ever had :D
even with gcc there're tons of warnings and complaints and wrong or missing linker flags etc.

sad, would be nice to play with mipspro flags.
r-a-c.de
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_th ... p?id=10887

Lars Bausch ("dotsch") is the developer for HP-UX. It may be that he could give you some advice to handle the code. I am testing his version on HP C 3600 PA-RISC which runs fine. :D
ulenz wrote: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_th ... p?id=10887

Lars Bausch ("dotsch") is the developer for HP-UX. It may be that he could give you some advice to handle the code. I am testing his version on HP C 3600 PA-RISC which runs fine. :D

thanks but to be honest i'm not very keen on doing the developer's work.
their focus seems clear and so is the code :D
r-a-c.de
When will you succeed in compiling a working client ?
ulenz wrote: When will you succeed in compiling a working client ?

as soon as the code is cleaned and works with 'real' compilers (i.e. not gcc-only).
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: as soon as the code is cleaned and works with 'real' compilers (i.e. not gcc-only).

Are you going to start holding your breath now?
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
kshuff wrote:
foetz wrote: as soon as the code is cleaned and works with 'real' compilers (i.e. not gcc-only).

Are you going to start holding your breath now?

well it's just a seti mod. iirc there is a working seti version for irix in another thread here so no real problem either way.
r-a-c.de
A while a go, I tried to get the client code ported to irix. What I found out was that the code was not strict ansi c++ compliant (which MIPSPro requires). The biggest problem is the use of the statement:

using namespace std;

When you use this in multiple source files, you can run into name space collisions. Due to the namespace collision problems, ANSI made the change that you only use the namespaces required. What should be done is including only the namespace you are using for that source file. For example, if you are using cout and endl, you should use the following statements:

using std::cout;
using std::endl;

GCC decided to not enforce it by default. Since most programmers are used to 'using namespace std;' method, it still gets used.

Changing each source file to use only the namespaces that are used clears up quite a few problema, but not all. Life got in the way and I never got the port finished.