IRIX and Software

Firefox 09 starting profile problem

I installed firefox 09 today and its running fine
however

if i run it as my normal user it starts with a window where i can create and rename and delete its profile, and the default profile is there.

if i run with the default profile it says that , that profile is already in use and it cannot.

however if i start it as SU it runs fine with the defauld profile and no requester.

how do i fix that ?

MIS
Best regards

MIS
mis wrote: I installed firefox 09 today and its running fine
however

if i run it as my normal user it starts with a window where i can create and rename and delete its profile, and the default profile is there.

if i run with the default profile it says that , that profile is already in use and it cannot.

however if i start it as SU it runs fine with the defauld profile and no requester.

how do i fix that ?

MIS

the profile is now created in .mozilla... Just rename your original .mozilla, created by mozilla, and start again, it'll work just fine...
the profile is now created in .mozilla... Just rename your original .mozilla, created by mozilla, and start again, it'll work just fine...

if the profile is creaded in .mozilla

i should the rename my original .mozilla by the same name to what / where

i dont understand

sorry
Best regards

MIS
mis wrote: if the profile is creaded in .mozilla

i should the rename my original .mozilla by the same name to what / where

i dont understand

sorry

Code: Select all

cd
mv .mozilla .mozilla.OLD
/usr/local/firefox/firefox

the previous versions of phoenix/firefox were creating the profile data in either .phoenix or .firefox, depending on the version.

0.9 is now creating a firefox directory inside .mozilla, the directory created by the Mozilla web browser.

Apparently, firefox 0.9 has issues with creating the firefox directory in an existing .mozilla directory. So, to fix the issue, what I did is rename the .mozilla directoy and restarted firefox. A new .mozilla directory is then created, containing a firefox directory... Firefox is now happy about it and works just fine.

You can then copy all your .css customizations from the .firefox/.phoenix directory...

This wasn't the case with 0.9rc1 as it was still using the .firefox directory. Maybe foetz could shed some light as to why it is happening...
hello,

0.9rc1 also used ~/.mozilla.
maybe you know that firefox will replace mozilla someday. i guess this day comes closer so they're
beginning to adapt some stuff.
0.8 also needed a new profile dir at that time.

not very smart but not too bad, too.
r-a-c.de
lost my bookmarks but what the hell now its running

and running very fast and fine on my o2 i must add

SJEEEZAAAMMMMmm

great

mis
Best regards

MIS