IRIX and Software

DALiM LiTHO

Been poking about in my recently acquired Octane. In its previous life it was the DTP workstation at a graphic design company, so the majority of it is taken up with DALiM LiTHO 4.6, TWiST, UfoDesktop and friends.

The licence works. An archive of licenses is present with dates expiring around 2002, at which point it looks like they switched to a "perpetual" one (ie. the magic 01-jan-00 date that flex treats as 'permanent')

Anyhow, I'm not really sure what do to with it all (and don't want to blunder into breaking any forum rules). The drive in the external enclosure has what looks like a backup of the install CDs + patch pile, documentation and such. I guess I could just mothball the pair of them when I get my nice new boot drive from Ian :)

I can't see it discussed much here .. either because it's not terribly sexy .. or perhaps just not widely found?
I have an Origin 200 with Dalim, but I've never looked at it as yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting! The company still exists. https://www.dalim.com/

One could ask them per mail if they still have any copyright claim on or if it can be considered as freeware.
But I think nobody is working there 15 years later and the current staff has no idea about it.

Oh I see: "Twist" is still sold by them, so you would have to mothball the software. Or delete it.
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Looks like TWiST isn't actually on the box - only reason I mentioned it is because the manuals are there.

Regardless, I've pinged them a mail. I imagine the response will be ".. what?" .. but if they would allow a backup of the install CD at least, that would be nice. I hate to see software vanish :(