IRIX and Software

Pascal Compiler

hi guys
i do not understand the Pascal Compiler instal set. I have an official CD called "Pascal Compiler v1.3" which requires ""

when i launch "inst" it says there are "*.cmplrs_sw.base" dependencies, and i can't figure out which CD set has these dependencies

any idea ?
I have Pascal 1.3.1 and that's for IRIX 4.0.5, so I imagine Pascal 1.3 is for IRIX 4.0.

The dependency is for the 'dev' subsystem (assembler, linker and other basic dev tools). It is on the IRIX 4.0 OS installation CD.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
ok, so i can't use it on my Irix 6.5 box

is there any Pascal Compiler for Irix 6.5 ?
For Irix 6.2 there is; anyone know if it will run under 6.5? :?: :?: :?:

Obligatory techpubs link:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=0620&db=bks&srch=&fname=/SGI_Developer/Pascal_PG/sgi_html/ch02.html
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
exactly, i need a Pascal Compiler for 6.5, also, in case it run, which CD does contain it ?
it may be i have to buy more CDs set
mipspro 7.2.1 had a pascal compiler. i don't know about later versions and yes, it should run on 6.5
r-a-c.de
it can't see any pascal compiler in the the MIPSpro 7.4 package, do you confirm ?

anyone that know how to obtain a Pascal Compiler for Irix 6.5 ?
(or know any old compiler that works on 6.5, too ?)
Why not compile the GNU Pascal frontend, GCC is already in Nekoware. Just get a version that can use GCC 4.7
SGI:
:A3502L: Dual Itanium [email protected] 4GB Marisa
:Octane2: Dual R14000A@600MHz 2GB V12 Sakuya
Non-SGI:
HP C8000
HP EliteBook 8560p [email protected] 16GB Youmu FreeBSD 10.1/Windows 8.1
IBM IntelliStation 265 Dual POWER3-II@450MHz Jigoku-Karasu ( Hell Raven )

Incoming/On bench for repair/not in service:
2x :O3x0: Origin 300

For Sale: O2 DIMMS, Octane and O2 caddies.
mmm i think that at this point you'd better like for freePascal, but i'd like to have SGI supported compiler and not an outer Yet OpenSource compiler, i already have freePascal in my linux/x86 box, with cross compiling support for ARM.
I've got MipsPro 7.2.1 licensed on the Origin2000, permanent concurrent direct from SGI. I do not see any pascal compiler. Funny, what I do see is, in software manager...

C Front End, 7.4 is installed

C Headers and Libraries, 7.2.1 is removed

C Headers and Libraries, 7.4 is installed

C++ Headers and Libraries, 7.2.1 is removed

C++ Headers and Libraries, 7.4 is installed

The same goes for the fortran stuff. What gives? I have the MipsPro C Compiler 7.2.1 CD, MipsPro C++ 7.2.1 CD, MipsPro 7.2.1 Compiler Patches CD, and a genuine license from SGI. Where did 7.4 come from?
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
kshuff wrote: Where did 7.4 come from?

from the irix version you have installed
r-a-c.de
a few answers here . To short: the answer of my question is NO.

so we need to use this GPC binary for Irix. Or to recompile from source.
So am I licensed for 7.4 if my 7.2.1 stuff was removed? And why would 7.2 be removed if it was installed after the IRIX install?

foetz wrote:
kshuff wrote: Where did 7.4 come from?

from the irix version you have installed
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
kshuff wrote: So am I licensed for 7.4 if my 7.2.1 stuff was removed? And why would 7.2 be removed if it was installed after the IRIX install?

both is related so it comes down to a single answer:
the things you have from 7.4 are just the libs. the actual compilers remain unchanged.
r-a-c.de