IRIX and Software

Bzflag crash - cannot map soname libcurl.so.4

Man, I'm starting to think I'm a jinx. I'm looking at about 25% success at anything I do sgi. :lol:

I installed the Neko version of BZflag and it's dependencies. If I double click the icon it does nothing. So I tried the command line and got:

bzflag: rld: fatal error: cannot successfully map soname 'libcurl.so.4 under any of the filenames /usr/nekoware/lib/lubcurl.so.4...........

I did search here and google but don't see anything sgi specific.

Any suggestions?
:Octane2: Octane 2, Dual 600MHz R14k's, 2GB, v12
:O2000: Origin 2200, Dual 300mhz, 2GB
Mac Pro dual quad Xeon 16GB 1TB
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Dell Workstation Dual quad Xeon 8GB 500GB RAID
Imac | HP laptop | Compaq | Commodore 64 floppy | TI 99 38k Peripheral Expansion Box
cURL isn't SGI specific, but I'm betting there is a Nekoware package for it. Perhaps you don't have it installed, or you may have found another version mismatch...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
smj wrote: cURL isn't SGI specific, but I'm betting there is a Nekoware package for it. Perhaps you don't have it installed, or you may have found another version mismatch...

I initially installed the freeware version off a cd. Something like 1.0.14. It ran buggy with menu issues so I removed that install and did a Neko install. the first time I tried to run the app I got the error so I removed whatever curl I had on and installed the neko version. I take another look but that was the only version there.
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Imac | HP laptop | Compaq | Commodore 64 floppy | TI 99 38k Peripheral Expansion Box
Just looked, the oldest libcurl .so I have is 5 and this installation is over ten years old now :shock:

You could try just making a link, normally that works. But most people don't bother with bzflag because it's not that much fun to play by yourself. You could try to hunt up Graveyardshift, that works and it's kinda fun for a while.
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
But bzflag is great fun to play if you have a half-dozen or more crowd of undergrads to play with !!! I will check it out tomorrow because I'm almost positive I have left bzflag in a working state on an Irix machine somewhere...
Google: Don't Be Evil.
Apple: Don't Be Greedy.
Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
I was just looking for a game. No pref for bz at all, really. Any suggestions for a game semi-entertaining?

I search mame and went through a few threads but the links were all dead. Did that not work, was there a prob....?

viewtopic.php?t=178
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Ah, that's a ten year old topic I'd be surprised if any of the links weren't dead!

When you're trying to get shared objects to work on Linux, you have to rerun ldconfig every time you add an object or change an object file's name, or the system can't find the new/renamed file. I suppose I should know if something similar is the case on IRIX, but I don't, anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: Ah, that's a ten year old topic I'd be surprised if any of the links weren't dead!

When you're trying to get shared objects to work on Linux, you have to rerun ldconfig every time you add an object or change an object file's name, or the system can't find the new/renamed file. I suppose I should know if something similar is the case on IRIX, but I don't, anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Fair enough...

...and mame is dead on IRIX? I did a bunch of searches and don't see anything new on mame. It's not a biggie either way. I was hoping for something to get my boys interested in the machine. We do play Thieves on it but it would be nice to load up some old-school ROMS and play as well. :D
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
How old are your boys? I've got Super Tux Kart completely compiled but I can't link it because for reasons that have completely defeated me I cannot get nekoware SDL to install on my system. So if someone with a working SDL (and a working compiler) wants to do the linking I'd be happy to supply the object files. Kids love Tux Kart right? 8-)
Project:
Plan:
vishnu wrote: How old are your boys? I've got Super Tux Kart completely compiled but I can't link it because for reasons that have completely defeated me I cannot get nekoware SDL to install on my system. So if someone with a working SDL (and a working compiler) wants to do the linking I'd be happy to supply the object files. Kids love Tux Kart right? 8-)

The boys are 12, 9 & 5. I'm not familiar with Tux Kart but if it's anything like Mario Kart I'm sure they'll love it. I doubt, with my luck and record on the sgi, that I'll get it to work though. lol.

As far as Mame, not available for IRIX I guess?

I found a Tempest ROM that I'd love to play but would have to run it on either on the Mac Pro or Wintel box which are in the family room and not here in "The Cave".
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Vladio wrote: The boys are 12, 9 & 5.

Can try this on the 5, maybe the 9er .... no sound (on purpose :)
xjewel.zip
(53.26 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

It starts a little slow, give it a sec to get running.
hamei wrote: Attachment:
xjewel.zip [53.26 KiB]
Downloaded 1 time

Nice! No XTeddy? :lol:

Vladio wrote: As far as Mame, not available for IRIX I guess?

Uh, well from the mame makefile:

Code: Select all

UNAME = $(shell uname -a)

ifeq ($(firstword $(filter Linux,$(UNAME))),Linux)
TARGETOS = linux
endif
ifeq ($(firstword $(filter Solaris,$(UNAME))),Solaris)
TARGETOS = solaris
endif
ifeq ($(firstword $(filter FreeBSD,$(UNAME))),FreeBSD)
TARGETOS = freebsd
endif
ifeq ($(firstword $(filter GNU/kFreeBSD,$(UNAME))),GNU/kFreeBSD)
TARGETOS = freebsd
endif
ifeq ($(firstword $(filter NetBSD,$(UNAME))),NetBSD)
TARGETOS = netbsd
endif
ifeq ($(firstword $(filter OpenBSD,$(UNAME))),OpenBSD)
TARGETOS = openbsd
endif
ifeq ($(firstword $(filter Darwin,$(UNAME))),Darwin)
TARGETOS = macosx
endif
ifeq ($(firstword $(filter Haiku,$(UNAME))),Haiku)
TARGETOS = haiku
endif

Looks sufficiently cross-platform that we should be able to get an IRIX version to work. I'm nowhere near an IRIX box at the moment (well, actually I am but it hasn't been able to boot in years) but I'll have a look at it this weekend. Maybe take another stab at getting nekoware's SDL to install as well...
Project:
Plan:
vishnu wrote: Nice! No XTeddy? :lol:

That's scary, vish :shock:
neko_xteddy ist still in /beta, just in case you should need it.
hamei wrote: That's scary vish!

Agreed. For someone who's crawling with issues the guy's obviously pretty high functioning though... :D

canavan wrote: neko_xteddy ist still in /beta, just in case you should need it.

Everybody needs xteddy!
Project:
Plan:

I knew I had this somewhere ... most of the old SGI ftp sites seem to be dead :(

Boys, 5, 9, 12, sounds perfect ... should play good on an Octane.
graveyardshift.tar.gz
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
hamei wrote:

I knew I had this somewhere ... most of the old SGI ftp sites seem to be dead :(

Boys, 5, 9, 12, sounds perfect ... should play good on an Octane.
graveyardshift.tar.gz

Thanks, Hamei! We'll give it a try. :)
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Here I go again dredging up old threads :P
It must have worked at some point and used that library.
I'm doing find / -name libcurl.so.4 :P and trying to add it to my library path and...
Foxtrot Alpha
I am going to fix this!
Image R14K 600Mhz, V10, 4Gb, 147Gb
Image Dual R14K 600Mhz, Odyssey V12, 2Gb, 72Gb
Image R12K 400Mhz, CRM-C, 1Gb, 72Gb
Image R10K 195Mhz, Max Impact/2/2/4, 320Mb, 147Gb
Image HP XW6600 Dual Quad Core 3Ghz, GTX970, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD
Dell 1950 III x 2, Dell 2950 III x 1
Couple of ZX Spectrums :-) One with DISCiPLE Interface