IRIX and Software

sgixdoom... where is it?

Im looking for sgixdoom v1.9. I thought doom was installed by default in irix 6.5 but i guess it isnt. I did a fresh irix 6.5.30 install and its nowhere to be found, i cant locate it on any of my installation discs unless im missing it.
Where can i find this?
Don't know about 1.9, but 1.8 is here: ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/doom/sgi/

Where can i find this?

It's on one of the "General & Platform Demos" CDs as part of the general demos distribution :)

I'm not sure if it's exactly v1.9, but there's a chance it could be newer than what's on ID's website.
IIRC, on my 6.5.30 system, it's still 1.8. I don't think 1.9 was ported to Irix.

:Fuel: bigred , 700MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
probably posted from Image bruce , 2x2x2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
I saw it mentioned here
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi ... sgixdoom.z

but i haven't seen it anywhere. Thanks for the link to 1.8 though this will work.
Well i tried the 1.8 from the id ftp. It runs however it crashes if i have sndserver present to enable the sound. Im not sure why. I have an octane system, my audio is working fine with other apps.

I don't have the general and platform demo CDs unfortunately so I cant get it from there. I'm probably the only person that is having trouble getting doom working on their sgi lol. Is it against the rules to ask for somebody to upload a version that will work on my octane+irix6.5.30? I assume its not since this is a freeware app anyway and id themselves posts it, however what appears to be an older or non compatible version?
I think prboom (plus) is the doom version to use. The package may need some improvements regarding the GUI integration, but the game itself works. The non-plus Version has red/blue reversed for me, but the plus fork is fine.

4 downloads, and nobody complained that the opengl graphics mode doesn't work? The lack of aligment of the GLSprites (and the 64bit Flags therein) cause bus errors immediately after starting a game (or demo). In the fixed version below, the sky boxes are still rendered as cubes (I think) and have very visible borders, but I'll leave that to an OpenGL experts. I think a replacement for the GLEXT_glMultiTexCoord2fvARB would be required to fix this.
Remember to configure your keyboard controls for DOOM by making a .doomrc file in your home directory:
Code:
mouse_sensitivity      5
sfx_volume      8
music_volume      8
show_messages      1
key_right      174
key_left      172
key_up      119
key_down      115
key_strafeleft      97
key_straferight      100
key_fire      157