IRIX and Software

Diskperf: pread(); pwrite(): Invalid argument

I'm trying to test performance to an external RAID enclosure for my O2 but all tests generate results and the following two errors:
Code:
pwrite(): Invalid Argument
pread(): Invalid Argument

...along with really bad fwd_wr and fwd_rd results.
Even testing with the basic diskperf /dev/dsk/dks1d1s7 causes the errors.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
did you try diskperf on another disk?

I've seen this when running diskperf against raw disk devices (/dev/rdsk/...) rather than filesystems, if the raw device is "too big". Don't know exactly how big is "too big", IIRC 100GB worked and a couple of TB didn't.

I think you also get this for diskperf block sizes > maxdmasz chunk size (a kernel tunable). In this case diskperf starts fine, and at some point starts spitting out these errors.

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
I also tried it on my secondary internal drive which is only 36gb and it gave the errors as well

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.