IRIX and Software

Nice IAMP configuration how-to

Hi guys!!

I'm looking for a nice tutorial of Irix+Apache+Mysql+PHP, does anybody knows about some how-to?

Thanks in advance, guys

Mexico
Another little utility, this on just to display different fonts. I kind of like it - looks Irixxy, small and fast. Complementary to xfontsel.

Mr Shade of Blue deserves the credit - he's the brains behind Paw on this one. Thank you, Shade !

Source and instructions included for those who wish to do a better job than I.
Just to clarify, I only helped port this program to IRIX :)

I've noticed that the instructions inside say to change "gcc" into "cc" after the Makefile is generated, but there's no need for that, you can change only one line in I makefile before you run xmkmf.

Here are my original instructions I sent to hamei in a PM (I'm including them here in case someone is browsing this via google cache or the web archive and can't access the zip file):
  • change line 66 in Imakefile to "CC= c99" (Imakefile is the template used for generating the Makefile)
  • comment out line 92 in mkflist.c (XFreeFontNames...)
  • xmkmf (this generates the Makefile from Imakefile)
  • make
got it, reviewed the php software install selections in swmgr and selected php apache module and voila!!

Mexico
Forgive me if I'm being stupid -- is there in fact a how-to somewhere? I may have missed a link...

I had written one up back in 2005-2006, but I had since lost it. I could do another write up using the latest versions coupled with phpMyAdmin and some of the other tools you would most likely use in conjunction with PHP, Apache and MySQL.

:Indigo: 33mhz R3k/48mb/XS24 :Indy: 150mhz R4400/256mb/XL24 :Fuel: 600mhz R14kA/2gb/V10 Image 8x1.4ghz Itanium 2/8GB :O3x08R: 32x600mhz R14kA/24GB :Tezro: 4x700mhz R16k/8GB/V12/DCD/SAS/FC/DM5 :O3x0: 2x700mhz R16k/4GB
that would be fine!!

I just installed neko_apache, neko_php5, neko_php5_mysql4, neko_mysql4 and used swmgr, unfolded the software selections in neko_php5 package and selected CLI.

After that opened httpd.conf and activated the php5 module.

that's all

Mexico