IRIX and Software

gentlemen, start your microscopes !

http://www.msg.ucsf.edu/IVE/
But if you click on the download link, only packages for Linux and MacOS are available. Yet again, software previously maintained for IRIX is forgotten and forlorn... :cry:
vishnu wrote:
But if you click on the download link, only packages for Linux and MacOS are available. Yet again, software previously maintained for IRIX is forgotten and forlorn... :cry:

You have to hunt a little farther. The Irix version one step back is there. I'm looking on Taobao right now for a wide-field 3d miscroscope :D
200 kV Schottky Field Emission gun , just the right stuff to tinker with on rainy sunday afternoons. :mrgreen:

Let us know when your upcoming acquisition is operational. Nekochan goes Nanochan...

Sorry, seems that I inhaled enough soldering smoke for today

Cheers
HDC

( while (!asleep()) sheep++; )
Henry Dorsett Case wrote:
200 kV Schottky Field Emission gun , just the right stuff to tinker with on rainy sunday afternoons. :mrgreen:

This one sounds like it could be fun :
Quote:
The ElectroScan E-3 SEM is an environmental SEM that offers a unique ability in imaging material at near atmospheric pressure. In addition to functioning like a traditional SEM, the ESEM allows the researcher to examine unprepared, uncoated specimens that are free from surface charging and from damage caused by preparation or by introduction into a high vacuum environment.

The ESEM makes it possible to view wet or moist specimens in their natural states. Biological tissues, textiles, wet or oil-bearing geological samples, adhesives, foodstuff and other materials can be examined in states previously impossible to observe in a conventional SEM. Since the ESEM can function with a water vapor atmosphere, it can be used to observe and record processes such as dissolving, crystallization and dehydration.

I could investigate how the cat eats that awful-smelling stuff and still survives :P

Trouble is, I'd have to move all the dope plants out of the garage ...
hamei wrote:
Trouble is, I'd have to move all the dope plants out of the garage ...

I'll give them a good home :)

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :0300: :Indy: :Indy: :320: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<