IRIX and Software

Photoshop_SGI script??

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=0650&db=man&fname=/usr/share/catman/u_man/cat1/photoshop_sgi.z&srch=tuning

I found this in SGI techpub. Looks like this is customized script from SGI that will allow Photoshop to run faster on SGI hardware. Wonder if anyone knows about this?

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL:
It's actually included by default in most IRIX 6.5 installations - apparently it accelerates functions like gaussian blur and whatnot. It's easy to implement: from a command line, after installing and running Photoshop once, you execute "photoshop_sgi -update" and then launch Photoshop via the "Photoshop_SGI" icon in the catalog. I've never benchmarked to compare the speed difference.
iirc there was an additional enhancement for the o2 in particular. not sure what it did exactly

I think it was similar to the DSP accelerator products for other architectures in that certain plugins/ops were sent to ICE.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL: