IRIX and Software

Realsoft 3D, anyone?

I just noticed (maybe I'm a little slow) that Realsoft v7 has been released - something I've been looking forward to for a while. Only the Windows version is out as of now - I went to the website to see how far away the Linux port was, and look what I saw (emphasis mine)...

Versions for other platforms (Linux, SGI Irix , Mac OSX) will be released in the near future.

Can it be? A new Realsoft for IRIX :?:
I'm not seeing it, it looks to me like the Irix version maxed out at 5, and the Linux version is now at 7... Link? :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
:Fuel:
Wasn't that the software that nekochanner nvukovlj (sp ?) used to keep current for irix ? He hasn't been around too much recently.
Correct. I haven't been around much - work, new kid, life in general.
I was maintaining it for IRIX but after failing to get a stable build of v6 and the Realsoft guys being unable to help since they have no SGIs left I more or less gave up.
OpenGL code got changed in v6 and v7 and the changes cause crashes on IRIX. It works on Linux, Windows and Mac OS for them so they weren't sure what got broken. In V4 & v5 OpenGL was rock solid on IRIX, but not so stable on Windows/Linux (card driver issues), so they changed it.
Never could figure out what exactly (even with the use of Purify) was causing the crash - ok, memory getting stomped but unknown as to why.
It is possible that it only crashes on VPro systems (I only have 1 SGI - a Fuel with a V12), but since anyone who would actually want to use this product (and therefore buy it) seriously on an SGI would have at least a V6, this probably doesn't matter.
I also don't have the latest MipsPro compiler (I have 7.4.1) - not sure if that is an issue though. A better debugger would be helpful, but the code is very hard to follow not to mention multi-threaded.

Even though I have been quiet from my end, Realsoft haven't tried too hard to reach me either. I guess that this is because they can count the number of their IRIX customers on the fingers of one hand.

Nik.

The idea of a new version for the IRIX platform is pretty darn exciting. Even if it is buggy on VPro graphics subsystems, there is a remote possibility that it might
work on Infinite reality etc... Worth a try if you ask me. ^^

MAYA, nut-
:Octane2: :Octane2: Octane 2 R14k 600 V12 4GB, Octane2 R14K 600 V10 1GB ,
:Onyx2: :Onyx2: Onyx2 IR3 4GB Quad R14K 500 DIVO, Onyx2 IR Quad R12K 400 2GB,
:Indigo2: SGI Indigo 2 R8K75 TEAL Extreme 256MB,
:Indigo2IMP: SGI Indigo 2 R10K 195 Solid Impact 256MB, MAX Impact Pending
Apple G5 Quad, NV Quadro 4500 + 7800GT, 12GB RAM
Sun Blade 1000 Dual 900 XVR 1000 4GB
Sun Blade 2000 Dual 1200 XVR 1200 8GB