SGI: Discussion

$33 and rising for an SGI mug!

On the one hand, I am a little miffed my conservative $10 bid got me nowhere with this. On the other hand, I'm happy to see so much SGI collector enthusiasm. On the third hand, $33 for a darn mug that you can make for < $10??? On the fourth hand, some would say the mug is less obsolete than the gear I have spent thousands accumulating.

Touche'

Who would have foretold an SGI mug auction could lead to so much self doubt & soul searching...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SGI-silicon-gra ... NA:US:3160
--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
I would bid too, but the shipment to my place is more than 40$ :(
sgifanatic wrote: On the one hand, I am a little miffed my conservative $10 bid got me nowhere with this. On the other hand, I'm happy to see so much SGI collector enthusiasm. On the third hand, $33 for a darn mug that you can make for < $10???

It's an ex-stockholder who just got an AK-47. He's going to take it out back, set it up on a fence post and blow it to smithereens. Needs a genuine article for the full satisfaction.
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
hamei wrote:
sgifanatic wrote: On the one hand, I am a little miffed my conservative $10 bid got me nowhere with this. On the other hand, I'm happy to see so much SGI collector enthusiasm. On the third hand, $33 for a darn mug that you can make for < $10???

It's an ex-stockholder who just got an AK-47. He's going to take it out back, set it up on a fence post and blow it to smithereens. Needs a genuine article for the full satisfaction.

Ha! There is also a *rare* copy of the Enron code of ethics booklet currently on auction. I would have made the obvious joke viz the rare code of ethics, but on second thought, I'll skip it.
--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
Really must get some SGI mugs made up. If only I could find the damn old and new type fonts somewhere - they seem extremely elusive :(
:Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
chicaneuk wrote: Really must get some SGI mugs made up. If only I could find the damn old and new type fonts somewhere - they seem extremely elusive :(

Surely the proper way is to pull the logo bitmaps out of the PROM.
:Octane: halo , oct ane
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
To be fair there's a good bunch of generic SGI logos and system logos on the Nekochan FTP site so I should be covered.
:Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
I got this buried away. I swear I once had a vector of it.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
I'm pretty sure I've posted this before but this is my mint SGI Computer Systems mug (in SGI purple), alongside my equally mint NSCP mug.
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...