SGI: Discussion

Flint Videoeditor Scan

Here are 2 scans from this software!

Enjoy :)
Nice! :mrgreen:

How much of Flint made it into Smoke/Flame? I think it's kind of unscrupulous for a software maker to pull a product that they've charged as much money for as Flint, I mean, you spend a fortune for the software and spend years getting better at using it, and they pull it and tell you to buy something else, that's even more expensive? Harsh! :cry:

World domination! Or something...
flame is the bigger brother of flint so nothing new to learn there. it just has more stuff than flint but usage and all is the same.

World domination! Or something...
Actually it makes complete sense. Flint was always a lower cost solution to the flame/inferno. Mainly it can only output 8bit files. .tga ect..

Flame was capped at HD resolution 8-10bit could also do 2k ( octane, onyx, tezro)
Inferno could handle 2k/4k (onyx)
Flint (standard def) could handle hd but was way too slow. (indigo, o2, octane) there was also a version re-named for the o2 called Effect option2

flint also did not have a dedicated stone array.

Flint could also be running from any decent o2 and use the built in i/o or the SDI addon board

now a days it hasnt changed much.

flint is still capped at 8-bit on linux, handles HD
flame can go up to 4k on linux (is capped at 4 cpu's)
Inferno has no limit and can use like 24+ cpu's if you got them

not cores, but full cpus

running flint with 64megs of ram sucked

-mb

:lol:

anyway i wasn't able to find either flint or inferno on autocrap's site anymore. only flame and smoke.
however instead they seem to offer advanced versions of both products with more features.