Hardware Wanted

WTB: Octane MENET board, 4x10/100 ports + 6xserial ports, SGI PN 030-0873-003

hi guys
I am planning to attach a lot of uart driven toys, so I need a "quad-Ethernet and 6-Serial XIO MENET board"
  • SGI PN 030-0873-003
it's 4 x 10/100 ports + 6 x serial ports, and it's extremely useful (for me) for the extra uarts

if you have one for sale, let me know in PM

Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
a Note to me:
there is also a simple Dual-Port Serial I/O Board PCI , unfortunately It does not provide a second pairs of lan, but it's nice to know this board exists

• SGI P/N 030-1657-003
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
ivelegacy wrote: a Note to me:
there is also a simple Dual-Port Serial I/O Board PCI , unfortunately It does not provide a second pairs of lan, but it's nice to know this board exists

• SGI P/N 030-1657-003

My notes on IOC3-based boards have this down as "Fuel two-port serial". I have no idea if it's 5v-compatible or not.

Code: Select all

IOC3

NIC part number "030-1657-".

Has a TL16PIR552 dual-UART on board.  No sign of a NIC, oddly enough.

There is also an "Altix Serial" device, apparently.

Code: Select all

IOC3

NIC part number "030-1664-".

Unknown if this is a built-in or a PCI card... or part of the IO10
(not likely).  Unknown what hardware is present beyond the two serial
ports.

I have no idea if this is even seen "in the wild".

Now, if you're just looking to run stuff off of UARTs, have you considered using something like an EL-16 terminal server? Sits on your network, has sixteen serial ports (that seem to require custom cables, but they're not hard to make), doesn't tie up a PCI or XIO slot... But good luck finding one with a power supply at a decent price.
nyef wrote: My notes on IOC3-based boards have this down as "Fuel two-port serial". I have no idea if it's 5v-compatible or not.

I'm not going to pull it out of the Octane to check the number, but have one in a cardcage at the moment. And it was previously in a Fuel, then an O350.

So I'd say "probably" :D

But they are kind of rare and a bit expensive.
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
hamei wrote: I'm not going to pull it out of the Octane to check the number, but have one in a cardcage at the moment. And it was previously in a Fuel, then an O350.
The part number and a photo (of the universally slotted PCI edge connector) are in the IRIX Compatible PCI Cards - A Visual Aggregation thread.

ivelegacy the the Octane Hardware Aggregator also lists the Digi ClassicBoard PCI as Octane compatible. Also with out network ports, but it does offer up to eight serial ports.

Don't know your preference (or budget), but forum member dhjj has an SGI Dual-Port Serial I/O Board PCI 030-1657-003 on eBay for 59 USD , and someone else on eBay is offering an 8-port Digi ClassicBoard PCI with the serial port breakout box for 80 USD :
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
@recondas
so kind, thank you, it helps a lot :)