Hardware Wanted

WTB: SGI Prism - Page 2

vishnu wrote:
mopar5150 wrote: ...they are usually hammered or missing parts.

It's a never ending source of amazement to me how bad of shape these things are in, given what their original owner's must have paid for them you'd think they would have cautioned their users against mishandling, if not deliberate abuse.

Agreed. Never fails to amaze me but as has been said subsequently I guess it's because they go to computer recyclers who just stack them up like crap and they proceed to get kicked around and beaten up. And we all know how brittle and non-durable the plastics on some models can be :(

I think I got lucky with my Octane - lived under someones desk in an office its whole life it seems. The skins are superb!

(And have a free bump in your Want To Buy, OP!)
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
On the subject of what I will do with this - I have a few NetBSD devs interested in bringing support to it. That, combined with its x86 compatibility, will make it a fun platform to mess with. Would also like to see about hacking Montecito CPUs into it one day... maybe.

Itanium SGIs do blow the circuits of any MIPS SGI you put up against them - there's literally no performance contest.
Entire collection up for sale :(
Interest withdrawn. Refocusing interests.
Entire collection up for sale :(
lol funny thread
uunix....some of us take this seriously...maybe too seriously

I might have a good looking Tezro sized Prism around. I'll check tomorrow.
Douglas V. Mashek mailto:[email protected]
Mashek Systems www: http://www.mashek.com
:320: :540: :1600SW: :O2: :O2+: :Indigo: :Octane: :Octane2: :Tezro: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Fuel: :PI: :O200: :Onyx: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :O2000: :Onyx2: :O2000R: :O2000E: :O2000E: :O2000E: :metarouter: :O2000E: :O2000E: :O2000E: :O2000E: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :O3000: :O3000: :O3200: :0300: :0300: :0300: :0300: ...