Hardware Wanted

24" GDM-FW9011, virtu cases or machines

Maybe not your traditional SGI fanboy stuff, but I'm looking! I am aware that neither of these are technically SGI hardware (Sony & Boxx respectively)
We had hundreds of the 24" SGI and Sun monitors at work back in the day, we called 'em double-wides, and yes the CRTs were all Sony Trinitrons, really beautiful monitors. We recycled the whole lot of 'em and the recycler sent them all off to the smelter... :|
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: We had hundreds of the 24" SGI and Sun monitors at work back in the day, we called 'em double-wides, and yes the CRTs were all Sony Trinitrons, really beautiful monitors. We recycled the whole lot of 'em and the recycler sent them all off to the smelter... :|

terrible, i'd be only too glad to take them all :D
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote:
vishnu wrote: We had hundreds of the 24" SGI and Sun monitors at work back in the day ... We recycled the whole lot of 'em ... :|

You must live on the ground floor ....
go tell Aunt Rhody, go tell Aunt Rhody ...
hamei wrote:
foetz wrote:
vishnu wrote: We had hundreds of the 24" SGI and Sun monitors at work back in the day ... We recycled the whole lot of 'em ... :|

You must live on the ground floor ....

They were a two-man lift all right... :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: We had hundreds of the 24" SGI and Sun monitors at work back in the day, we called 'em double-wides, and yes the CRTs were all Sony Trinitrons, really beautiful monitors. We recycled the whole lot of 'em and the recycler sent them all off to the smelter... :|

That's probably an easy $100K down the drain ;)
Yep. Decent CRTs are still worth something even today. I used to be in charge of IT for a Psychology department at a university until 2 1/2 years ago and they still to this day use CRTs for most of their research simply because you get millisecond-precise timing from them, plus most decent ones support refresh rates of 100-120Hz. As so many have been scrapped and they've become so rare, a decent 20"+ monitor with good refresh rates therefore has quite a value these days.

TFTs are getting there, but 1ms ones with high refresh rates are still rare and expensive, plus all of them are horrible 16:9 jobbies at the moment.
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
BUMP!
Hi NICKERZ,
I have two of these that I already fixed the dreaded greenblack issue. They are REALLY heavy, therefore they would ship on pallet.
I want $800each + shipping. I will test them before I ship them (and lift them up onto my bench all by myself if necessary).

Thanks,
Doug
Douglas V. Mashek mailto:[email protected]
Mashek Systems www: http://www.mashek.com
:320: :540: :1600SW: :O2: :O2+: :Indigo: :Octane: :Octane2: :Tezro: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Fuel: :PI: :O200: :Onyx: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :O2000: :Onyx2: :O2000R: :O2000E: :O2000E: :O2000E: :metarouter: :O2000E: :O2000E: :O2000E: :O2000E: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :O3000: :O3000: :O3200: :0300: :0300: :0300: :0300: ...