Hardware Wanted

-Solved- *Scsi cable 50 pin centronic -> 50 pin "default"*

It seems a cable like this is impossible to find in Sweden in this day and age.

I need this to connect my external CDROM to my Indigo2 and my Indy workstations. I have one of these, but with a 68 pin connection in one end to connect my CDROM to my Octane2. Maybe there is possible with a 68 pin -> 50 pin converter. Unfortunately, these seems to be impossible to find here too.

Anyone in Sweden, or closeby, having one of these cables/converters that he/she can part with? Would appreciate that very much.

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler

If you want to double check suitability, it's an HP cable, part number 5062-3370, roughly a meter (40 inches) in length, 50-pin Centronics on one end, clamp-style latch MD-50 on the other.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
If nothing turns up in Sweden I have one you can have for whatever postage is needed to get it over there.

If you want to double check suitability, it's an HP cable, part number 5062-3370, roughly a meter (40 inches) in length, 50-pin Centronics on one end, clamp-style latch MD-50 on the other.

WOW, :o thanks a lot Recondas. Thanks for the added info and your most generous offer. I might call that in later if I'm not lucky.

Will do some more searching with the added info.

Thanks again Recondas. :D

Cheers mate!

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler

Image , Fuel, VAXstation 4000/90 x2, VAXstation 4000/60, VAXstation 4000/VLC x2, AlphaServer 1000A, DEC AXP 3000/600 (desktop), DEC AXP 3000/600 x2 (rackmount), DEC AXP 3000/800 (rackmount), AlphaServer 300 4/266, DEC GIGI, Sun Ultra 5, HP ZX6000, DECstation 5000/240, VAXstation 3100s, MVII, Commodore 64 & Flyer, LA75, PP404, Juki 6100, Brother HR10
urbancamo wrote:
I can do you one as well, I'm in the UK

Wow, thanks Urbancamo. :)

You guys making me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. hehe
Nekochan is really a nice place.

Gonna search some more, might be onto something, but if that doesn't turn up something I might call in that offer. UK is closer, so I guess it will be somewhat easier.

Again, thanks a lot 8-)

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
The Centronics connector is sometimes referred to as a "SCSI-I" connector. The other is sometimes referred to as a HD50 or "SCSI-II" or "SCSI-2" connector. Trying various combinations of those keywords might help your turn up a local one through Google searches.

This online store has what you're looking for in a couple of lengths, but I doubt you'd want to have one shipped from Canada.

sgtprobe wrote:
urbancamo wrote:
I can do you one as well, I'm in the UK

Wow, thanks Urbancamo. :)

You guys making me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. hehe
Nekochan is really a nice place.

Gonna search some more, might be onto something, but if that doesn't turn up something I might call in that offer. UK is closer, so I guess it will be somewhat easier.

Again, thanks a lot 8-)

/Jonas

No problem, I've accumulated quite a few over the years.
Depending on where you are, and how long you can wait, I might be able to get someone to bring it over with them.

Image , Fuel, VAXstation 4000/90 x2, VAXstation 4000/60, VAXstation 4000/VLC x2, AlphaServer 1000A, DEC AXP 3000/600 (desktop), DEC AXP 3000/600 x2 (rackmount), DEC AXP 3000/800 (rackmount), AlphaServer 300 4/266, DEC GIGI, Sun Ultra 5, HP ZX6000, DECstation 5000/240, VAXstation 3100s, MVII, Commodore 64 & Flyer, LA75, PP404, Juki 6100, Brother HR10
jpstewart wrote:
The Centronics connector is sometimes referred to as a "SCSI-I" connector. The other is sometimes referred to as a HD50 or "SCSI-II" or "SCSI-2" connector. Trying various combinations of those keywords might help your turn up a local one through Google searches.

This online store has what you're looking for in a couple of lengths, but I doubt you'd want to have one shipped from Canada.

Yeah, with that added info it really looks like I'm onto something.

Will let you know how it goes, but it sure looks good now.

Thank you all very much.

Cheers :)

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
Depending on where you are, and how long you can wait, I might be able to get someone to bring it over with them.

Oh, I missed this last time I checked this topic. Very nice of you Urbancamo. :)

Knock knock on wood, but looks like I might have one here with me this coming weekend. Turned out that a long lost friend I just reconnected with on Facebook last week had one cable, brand new in it's original packaging. What are the odds? :) A cable from the days when we did motion graphics for the local firms on our Amiga computers.

Life sure is good at times. A blast from the past to the rescue in the "future", present time. lol

Cheers :)

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
Just wanted to thank everyone posting in this thread, not only did you guy's prove that Nekochan is a great place to be at, but you also restored my fait in the human race :lol: Just kidding, but this place sure is something extraordinary :)

I got a brand new cable from a friend of mine. And it seems to be working just fine.

Once again, thanks all for posting in this thread. 8-)

Cheers!

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler