Hardware Wanted

Octane2 dual R14k 600MHz CPU and Gigabit ethernet wanted

Hi,

if anyone have the dual 600MHz CPU for sale, please contact me :)

I am also hunting for a Gigabit ethernet card that works with the machine...

Olav

Image Indy R5000, 180MHz, 128MB RAM, XZ Graphics, IndyCam, Irix 5.3
Are you really in tokyo ? I may have an extra one of these, but I don't have the time or energy right now to properly package and ship, etc.

If you were in the SFBA, on the other hand ...
Yes he is, there's now two of us :D

That is right :)
Oh.. bummer.. I was in the SFBA back in May.. well well.

Thanks for the replies!

Image Indy R5000, 180MHz, 128MB RAM, XZ Graphics, IndyCam, Irix 5.3
Quote:
Are you really in tokyo ?

For REALZ!!????

Quote:
I don't have the time or energy right now to properly package and ship, etc.

The only difference from shipping domestically is a customs form.

If you can't hack this, I wouldn't want this system anyhow, as this is a good indication of how you maintained and treated this computer -- ie. couldn't "spare the energy"/give a damn, etc...

...And lots of other UNIX-like systems for which there is no icon.
Axatax wrote:
If you can't hack this, I wouldn't want this system anyhow, as this is a good indication of how you maintained and treated this computer -- ie. couldn't "spare the energy"/give a damn, etc...

His response could be read as not wanting to package and ship at all (hence the reference to SFBA). Properly packing a computer takes some work (finding a strong box, proper antistatic and packing materials, etc.) and it can actually be a good indication - anyone can drop something in an envelope or an old shoebox, but it wouldn't get to you in very good condition.

Systems available for remote access on request.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
I still have one and the energy to ship it. :)
I have one on Ebay but I have it priced higher.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0542373585

Thanks.

CP
SAQ wrote:
Axatax wrote:

His response could be read as not wanting to package and ship at all (hence the reference to SFBA). Properly packing a computer takes some work (finding a strong box, proper antistatic and packing materials, etc.) and it can actually be a good indication - anyone can drop something in an envelope or an old shoebox, but it wouldn't get to you in very good condition.

Not wanting to ship an Octane, I fully understand. Big, very heavy, etc. But not wanting to ship a CPU chip is just lazy. Small, doesn't weight much, international shipping won't be more than $20 on it.

I get where you're coming from, certainly relative to a whole keg-like Octane, but - you have looked at the PIMM in an Octane, right? They tend to have a huge metal heatsink and PCB carrier attached. Not that it's a Herculean task to pack one, but it does take a bit more attention to detail and materials. It certainly isn't as trivial as pulling a Xeon out from under it's heatsink, wiping off the thermal grease, popping it in an anti-static bag and into padded mailer with $1.50 of stamps on it...

And transatlantic shipping will probably be closer to $75 than $20, especially for a dual.

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)