Hardware Wanted

13w3 monitor cable

Connector needs to fit behind onyx door, 13w3 male on both ends about 3m or 10 feet long. Shipped to USA 45140. Needs to fit a student budget :mrgreen:
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.
I've got a box full of 'em I'd be happy to sort through, but you'll have to give me a clue as to how much room there is behind the door of an onyx.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
There's about 3 or 4 inches. There are a few reasonably priced ones on ebay but they are the sun type with the ferrites moulded into the connector, those won't work. There are some 6 footers which would be just a touch too short. etc... :) (I am really not too fond of ebay, anyways) For example, this cable works great, but there is not room for much more:
DSC04898.JPG
DSC04898.JPG (85.27 KiB) Viewed 156 times

I'm actually trying to connect to a HP L1955 panel, I have one 13w3 M to M cable with a 13w3(F) to hd15(M) adapter, and another panel that is sitting dead since I got rid of my PC and moved the octane to storage. Now that I think about it, a 13w3 (M) to hd15(M) (or VGA, or whatever it's called nowadays) cable would work better, without the adapter. 1280x1024x60 isn't pushing any limits with pixel clock, though!

Also, I found another great website, our lab rat at school gets all sorts of cables and stuff from Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/products/searc ... w3&x=0&y=0

These are sun adapters of course, but as I have proper SOG panels, I don't care.
I've got a 3 meter SGI 13w3<>13w3 cable - SGI part number 018-8094-001. Google seems to think the part number is from the PI/Power Series era (which sounds right since the sheathing is white rather than gray). In addition to the three coaxial RGB pins, the only other pins are 2, 6, 7, and 8 (the number of pins appear to be the original as SGI intended config - the same ones are present in this eBay cable with the same part number.

Yours for postage if you think it'll do what you want.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Sounds great, I see you've already checked your PM.
If anyone needs more, I've got a bunch too, sgi and Sun...
pm at will ;-)