Hardware For Sale/Trade

Ebay: Anyone in Alaska want to grab this baby-Onyx2 IR Rack

Yeah don't trust the seller, he doesn't know anything. It would appear to have 1 IR2 pipe and 1 node board, I'd assume low spec, which would mean 2GB or less memory and an MSCSI card, plus what looks to be all the cables and a big scuff on the upper skin.

At this point ($130 bid) it would make sense to bid on the government auction instead of eBay.

Also like to add that there are 3 more Onyx systems on that government auction site:

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=749102

For anyone near Alabama these could be quite a find ...
Yep, I saw that too but shipping on those beasts (I have 3 XL's in my garage) is expensive and they have the weight estimate on the high side so one will have to be careful if you get a shipping quote.

How can one hold the seller to the description in the text? Photos are often times borrowed form websites and are only for general reference.

I could probably look up the shipping weight on this but I would guess it's around 500 lbs. I don't think UPS will ship it and the size is way too big. The shipping quote request doesn't work, surprise.

thegoldbug
thegoldbug
:ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :320: :320: :320: :320: :Indy: x5 :Indy: x2 :1600SW: x5 :Indigo: x7
Vault L, 6-1200s, Fibre Hub, Dials, Boards, spares, 3 Sun Blade 2000s, Sun Fire V480, 2-Hero 2000 Robots, 5-Hero 1 Robots
RageX wrote: Yeah don't trust the seller, he doesn't know anything. It would appear to have 1 IR2 pipe and 1 node board, I'd assume low spec, which would mean 2GB or less memory and an MSCSI card, plus what looks to be all the cables and a big scuff on the upper skin.

At this point ($130 bid) it would make sense to bid on the government auction instead of eBay.

Also like to add that there are 3 more Onyx systems on that government auction site:

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=749102

For anyone near Alabama these could be quite a find ...

Right.

Also, I received this notice from the seller on eBay:

unfortunately this item has become unavailable and therefore will not be sold. Please do not bid

Very odd.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides
Thanks for the heads-up. I never got any email replys from seller but then maybe they haven't checked their email today.

It's all yours. I haven't bid and won't.

thegoldbug
thegoldbug
:ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :320: :320: :320: :320: :Indy: x5 :Indy: x2 :1600SW: x5 :Indigo: x7
Vault L, 6-1200s, Fibre Hub, Dials, Boards, spares, 3 Sun Blade 2000s, Sun Fire V480, 2-Hero 2000 Robots, 5-Hero 1 Robots
gone for US $537.78
thegoldbug wrote: Thanks for the heads-up. I never got any email replys from seller but then maybe they haven't checked their email today.

It's all yours. I haven't bid and won't.

thegoldbug

Doubtful. I only emailed after you posted. Very odd.
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides
scotte, if I were you, I'd still go for it at the gov't auction, you now know what this guy will be bidding up to, more or less, and that's a pretty good deal for an onyx2 rack.
Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.
-R. Buckminster Fuller
What's interesting is that the buyer of the eBay item is in the UK. Shipping would eat him up on this server. And, the buyer has left positive feedback about the sale.

I'm sniffing a scam out of the DRMO at Elmendorf.