Hardware For Sale/Trade

[eBay] SGI Dials & Buttons + Spatial Systems Spaceball 301 for sale

Hello,

If anybody is interested;
As the subject line says, I have an old set of Dials & Buttons plus a Spatial Systems Spaceball 301 for sale over at eBay.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/272141105042?ssP ... 1555.l2649

Thanks,
PD1
I always wondered what .ca was..

Only joking my British Canadian friends.. :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
How are these supported in Irix, i.E. what software can these be used with? Seen them 15 years ago at Max Planck Institute for molecular biology, but how about Maya, etc.? :)
:Onyx2:
jmc wrote: How are these supported in Irix, i.E. what software can these be used with? Seen them 15 years ago at Max Planck Institute for molecular biology, but how about Maya, etc.? :)

They can be accessed as additional X input devices. The application needs extra code to read the device status and act accordingly. There is a bit of info in http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi ... =7%20input

in eoe.sw.optinput there are drivers and additional example programs to help you test and adapt existing code.
It would be neat to have a list of applications supporting dial+buttons or the spacemouse, but i don't know of any, beside of old molecular viewer programs late 90's
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
Wow, that's an unusually complete package of hardware you've got there. I often see the dials and/or buttons boxes on their own without cables, power supply, etc. It's rare to see everything together in one auction, plus a spaceball too! I'll be watching that auction for sure, and hoping it doesn't get out of my price range. I'm sure that such a complete setup will attract a lot of attention.

Thanks for letting us Nekochanners know about the auction!
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500
HP C8000
jpstewart,

You are welcome. :)
$200 after shipping. Daaaayum.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

Wow... that's "almost" crazy. Were you the lucky one? :D
:Onyx2:
pentium wrote: $200 after shipping. Daaaayum.

I'm not surprised. There's another seller who wants about $100 for just the dials box. No buttons box, no spaceball. Then there was another recent seller who was asking something like $200 for just the buttons box. PixelDust1 was offering everything (including cables) in one bundle.

I'm disappointed that I got outbid, but I also expected that to happen. I've got too many other more important expenses at the moment to spend much on my SGI hobby.

I just hope whoever got it enjoys it!
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500
HP C8000
jmc wrote:

Wow... that's "almost" crazy. Were you the lucky one? :D

I already got a set. I'm pretty good right now. ;)
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Wish I had thought to check this forum first. I was one of the failed bidders on this item.
I operate a website dedicated to spaceballs, spacemice, and 3d controllers of all kinds.
I currently own a SGI Spaceball 1003 already, but I was most interested in the documentation found in this auction.

Would love to contact the winner and request a copy or scan of those books.
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
:Cube: AAK0000047
I have 6 sets. Saving them for a project someday!
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596