Hardware For Sale/Trade

Indigo2 Impact R10k / Monitor to good home

I have an R10K Indigo2 Impact with monitor (and kbd/mouse) free to good home for the cost of shipping from zip code 52722.

Two weeks and it goes to the recyclers, I don't have time or space any more.
where are you from ?
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
Given zip code 52722, I'd say Bettendorf or Riverdale, IA.
nyef wrote: Given zip code 52722, I'd say Bettendorf or Riverdale, IA.

Yes. That's why I offered that tidbit of information.
ok, so Country USA
I live in italy
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
... and none of you have set your location, which could have avoided some of these questions.

Go to the top of this web page. On the right you'll see a link "User Control Panel" - click on it. In the box on the left titled "Options" look for the link titled "Profile" and click on it. In the big table look for the field labeled "Location" and fill it in.

Nekochanners around the globe will thank you. ;)
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
PM sent for the system.
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :Octane2: :O2+: :Fuel: :O3x0: :A350: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo:
Would you also ship go Germany?
:Octane2: SGI Octane 2 - Dual R12K 400 MHz - 250 0MB RAM - 73 GB HDD - vPro v12 - IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: SGI Indigo² - R10K 175 MHz - 320 MB RAM - 73 GB SCSI HDD - High Impact-AA + TRAM - IRIX 6.5.22f
:O2: SGI O2 - R5K 180 MHz - 96 MB RAM - 18 GB HDD - CRM - IRIX 6.5.30
dlg wrote: Two weeks and it goes to the recyclers, I don't have time or space any more

two weeks, so now it's gone.
I wonder ...
RIP, the abbreviation of Rest in Peace to recyclers
or new Happy Days in a new Home ?
Thou shalt not send your Indigo2 R10000 to the recyclers!
:O2: O2 - (Mantadoc) - R5K - 200MHZ - 128MB RAM - 6.5.30
:Octane: Octane - (Montrealais) - R12K - 2*360MHZ - 1024MB RAM - EMXI. - 6.5.30
Alphaserver DS10 - (Vandoc) - EV6 - 466MHZ - 256MB RAM
Sun Ultra 5 - (Quedoc) - UltraSparc II - 400MHZ - 512MB RAM
ASUS K55VD - (Mapleglen)- I5 - Dual Core 2.5GHZ - 8 GB RAM
Dell L502X - (Algorail) - I7 - Quad Core 2GHZ - 6 GB RAM
Criminal if it has been scrapped!
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
Ah man.. I maaaay be able to round up the cash for shipping to 28690 without the monitor (assuming CRT) for my computer preservation group.. Waiting for mod to update this thread.
http://facebook.com/savethemachine - http://savethemachine.org : Preserving yesterday's technology for tomorrow's generation.
I really would have hoped that there would have been a "last chance" message first. Hopefully he's just a tad too busy to visit here regularly and the system is sitting in the corner still. Hopefully...

Especially if it has High or Max Impact!
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
Trippynet wrote: Especially if it has High or Max Impact

I have to confess that I currently have no SGI box, I am using an IP30 and an IP28, from my friends, but I have to access them remotely and sometimes (too often) machines are off line, so I was tempted to send him a PM in order to have an SGI box under my desk, but, I think it's not my time, also because I live too far from him, so I'd like to read that machine is now enjoying a new home, in USA.

Oh well, about High Impact or Max Impact … from what I have experimented from my friend's machine … let me say, I prefer Solid Impact : it eats less electricity, and it makes the machine less warmed :mrgreen:

@dlg
p.s.
hey you ? let us know if this story has a good end !!!
ivelegacy wrote: I prefer Solid Impact : it eats less electricity, and it makes the machine less warmed :mrgreen:

I used to use an R10K Indigo2 as an IRIX 6.2 build system. It was optimized for that task: no graphics at all, but a G160 fast ethernet board. Big, near-silent disk and 1GB RAM.

I guess that effectively makes it a PowerChallenge M or something.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
jan-jaap wrote:
ivelegacy wrote: I prefer Solid Impact : it eats less electricity, and it makes the machine less warmed :mrgreen:

I used to use an R10K Indigo2 as an IRIX 6.2 build system. It was optimized for that task: no graphics at all, but a G160 fast ethernet board. Big, near-silent disk and 1GB RAM

Yes, this is the best solution, completely remote machine, a box attached to a lan cable, without GFX, with 1 Fast lan (1), serial console RS422 to RS232 to USB to ethernet through an RPI+FTDI232 backend, and a few rele installed in the backplane controlled by the RPI(2) with the purpose of resetting and switching on/off the machine on demand, in case of need. Oh, it's a good idea because the Indigo2 PSU needs to be physically unconnected from the 220V when the machine is turned off, so the rele will achieve that purpose without the need of unplugging the power cord .

I can't do it now because the machine is not mine, but … one day I will :mrgreen:

(1) I do not know if Irix can support the lan-bonding, so I do not know if I could have 2 x Phobos G160 in this configuration, linux can do it. About the good reason why to do that, well … the G160 is 10/100Mbit/sec ~ 8Mbyte/sec considering the TCP/IP payload, while the GIO64 bus has more bandwith (and if you remove the GFX, there is a full bandwith available), up to 10 time the bandwith, so … in the Theory the lan-bonding with 2 ethernet cards is possible, I mean it has all the bandwith it needs. Ok, the ideal solution is … using fiber channel (FC), which is … hard to be found for Indigo2, and extremely expensive.

Just a good idea, for fast NFS :D

(2) RaspBerry PI + Arduino, or Arduino Yun, the complexity of that … is like a shield
All these converters :?

I've got an APC 7953 metered PDU behind my desksides / workstations, and another in my 19" rack. Remote power switching made easy :)
I'm using a Cyclades ACS48 terminal server.

All of this is designed to do this job and it does it well. It can even be scripted but I can't be bothered. The biggest downside is the amount of serial cable you end up when you implement this for two dozen systems, when you rarely need serial access under normal conditions.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)