Hardware For Sale/Trade

ebay: sgi octane3 possibly

ya ya i know a lot of people hate ebay posts... but this is an interesting find.

apears what to be the Octane 3 personal server/workstation, in one of the many configs
gutted..

I could be wrong but anyhow enjoy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SGI-Silicon-Gra ... 20d5fd4292 :lol:

if anything snag the pics for the wikki

Also, it was when SGI was only in bankruptcy for the seventeenth time as it still has the nice-font logo, so it is not a rackable system.

A. Da-umn, somebody done whacked dat sucka wit da oogly stick !

B.
some wackadoodle wrote:
* THIS IS A BARE CASE.
* NO MOTHERBOARD, NO CPU, NO HARD DRIVE, NO MEMORY.

People are strange
when they are selling
some old worthless garbage
on the fleabay ...

also, both motherboards are listed in this guys other items.
no idea how youd fit 2 motherboards into this.
would make for a cool little render farm

so tempting lol

-mb

The other quad daughterboard fits on top of the mainboard with a riser.

Such a deal.

Such a deal.

If it still had the Opterons/Dual Motherboards inside, $500 would be much more reasonable, but yeah $500 for an empty box is just silly.

:Indigo: 33mhz R3k/48mb/XS24 :Indy: 150mhz R4400/256mb/XL24 :Fuel: 600mhz R14kA/2gb/V10 Image 8x1.4ghz Itanium 2/8GB :O3x08R: 32x600mhz R14kA/24GB :Tezro: 4x700mhz R16k/8GB/V12/DCD/SAS/FC/DM5 :O3x0: 2x700mhz R16k/4GB
Totally silly. What do people think, really? But then again, people here will sell you crap internet for 1000 $ a month, all things are relative.

I have an early vs100 in my closet with a dual socket xeon motherboard. (Albeit fsb system). Its a bit noisy and it only has a quadro fx card in it. Looks very similar to this. Not chassis extension off the right side of the chassis.

The octane3's are of similar size, but they have a single faceplate. I believe it was of a greenish color. The O3's were designed by Gio and his cronies immediately after Rackable bought SGI. It was a horrible system in every way.

- Onyx2 Deskside
- other SGI gear
hamei wrote:
$500 for an ugly, empty box.

Such a deal.

Hey, it's ebay. The reptile pavilion at the wildlife park has more spines in it. :roll:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
evilquim wrote:
The octane3's are of similar size, but they have a single faceplate. I believe it was of a greenish color. The O3's were designed by Gio and his cronies immediately after Rackable bought SGI. It was a horrible system in every way.

The really sad part is that if they had waited for UV and done a SSI/ccNUMA-based deskside system it might have been worth releasing. Octane-3, in contrast, was pointless.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
pentium wrote:
hamei wrote:
$500 for an ugly, empty box.

Such a deal.

Hey, it's ebay. The reptile pavilion at the wildlife park has more spines in it. :roll:

So does the earthworm colony in my lawn.

:Fuel: bigred , 700MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
probably posted from Image bruce , 2x2x2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
i never thought i would ever say this to any sgi system... but... this case is uuuuugly.
Even the boring Indy S Box looks beter than this thing.
Sorry folks. :oops:

But indeed interesting find anyway. Never seen this before.

I allways wanted to have something like a big and really COMPLETE overview of ALL sgi systems ever made. With photos of course.