Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS: Old Sun, Apple (PPC) equipment, first come, first serve

Trying to reduce the clutter in my life, and took these back from NYS when I visited last time with the truck. Here's roughly what's available:

* Sunfire v120
* Netra T1, and T105
* Sun Ultra10
* PowerMac G4 (Quicksilver 733Mhz, two HDDs, though one MIGHT be dead, will check before handing it off)
* HP zx6000 (currently in rackmount configuration sans rails, but I have the parts to make it stand as a desktop

and a couple of old x86 systems which I doubt there is interest. I live in the Portland, OR area, and am willing to travel. I'm not asking much for the suns or PowerMac, essentially gas, lunch and a tip :-) .

The zx6000s's price is negotible, but I'd like to get about $400 for it.

All systems will be either include blank HDDs or installed with Linux, buyers choice. Anything still here by the end of the week going on ebay, or getting trashed.
I see a lot of guys giving away equipment and of course nobody lives within 10,000 miles of me usually. People shouldn't think their generosity isn't appreciated or that people don't want this stuff. It's probably just that people who live in America where all kinds of stuff is cheap already have most of what they want and those of us who don't can't afford the shipping.

Major Bummer, reporting for duty, Sir!

A zx6000 would be a good way to finally try out the HP-UX 11i CD set HP sent me back in '06 , but by the time coast-to-coast shipping adds the weight of it's thumb to the desirability scale I'll probably end up waiting (another seven years) for one to show up locally. :roll:

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
A zx6000 would be a good way to finally try out the HP-UX 11i CD set HP sent me back in '06 , but by the time coast-to-coast shipping adds the weight of it's thumb to the desirability scale I'll probably end up waiting (another seven years) for one to show up locally. :roll:

From personal experience, its $200 to send coast to coast, which is what I paid when I shipped it from NYS a few years ago. To be frank, I think I overpriced this stuff, so I'll take best offer on anything. I'm thinking I just want it gone and not overthink it :-/
bluecode wrote:
I see a lot of guys giving away equipment and of course nobody lives within 10,000 miles of me usually. People shouldn't think their generosity isn't appreciated or that people don't want this stuff. It's probably just that people who live in America where all kinds of stuff is cheap already have most of what they want and those of us who don't can't afford the shipping.

Major Bummer, reporting for duty, Sir!

Especially that most cool hardware - either free or even to buy - is iN US, while most people who would want it live in Europe/Asia/Australia/on the Moon. ;(

11i v1 is PA-RISC AFAIK.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)