Hardware For Sale/Trade

Small pile of unixey stuff for sale (C8000, various Sun...)

Small pile of unixey stuff for sale (C8000, various Sun, O2, etc)

Hi,

I've a few things I sadly need to part with:

- HP C8000, 1x1.1Ghz PA-8900, 2GB RAM, no disks. No foot stand.
- SunPCi IIpro (733 MHz, #375-3051) Chimera PCI PC-on-a-PCI-card
- 2x Sun Netra X1, 500Mhz
- 2x Sun Netra T1, 440Mhz
- SPARCstation 4, some RAM (CPU is onboard), no disk
- SPARCstation 5, some RAM (CPU is onboard), no disk
- SPARCstation 10, some RAM, no disk
- SPARCstation 20, no disk

Prices are: whatever you think is reasonable. If I think it's reasonable too, then it's yours.

None of the SPARCstations have processors over 75Mhz. No hypersparcs. Sorry.

I'm not describing these much because I figure this is the kind of place where you know what they are already. But if you want me to explain anything, or I've missed out some specs you care about, then just let me know and I'll elaborate.

I can photograph any of the above, if you need to see them.

I'm in England. Postage might be pricey if you're after something heavy (i.e. the C8000) and you're in another country. If you want to come and pick stuff up in person, even better!

Thanks,
Here's the C8000:

Attachment:
IMG_3874.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3874.JPG.jpeg [ 268.07 KiB | Viewed 482 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3873.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3873.JPG.jpeg [ 233.79 KiB | Viewed 482 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3878.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3878.JPG.jpeg [ 295.76 KiB | Viewed 482 times ]
And the SunPCi II pro:

Attachment:
IMG_3553.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3553.JPG.jpeg [ 2.65 MiB | Viewed 475 times ]
And one of the Netra X1s (it has the lid, of course):

Attachment:
IMG_3614.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3614.JPG.jpeg [ 2.92 MiB | Viewed 475 times ]
But, the footstand! The C8000 must have the footstand! ;)

Those are nicely maintained systems. If I were more of a SPARCky, I might think about picking up the 'stations.

:Fuel: bigred , 700MHz R16K, 2GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
probably posted from Image bruce , 2x2x2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote:
Those are nicely maintained systems. If I were more of a SPARCky, I might think about picking up the 'stations.

We've got a V100 (almost same as the Netra X). It's quiet, low power, way faster for web / ftp / mail serving than it has any right to be, in general a nice little utility machine. I think it's been running about a year with almost no maintenance. If this were down the street instead of around the globe I'd probably grab it for a spare.

Am I the only person who doesn't like the footstand? :)

ClassicHasClass wrote:
Those are nicely maintained systems.

Thanks.
The SunPCi II pro is interesting.
Will it work in any machine with a PCI slot (support software excluded, of course), or does it have be a machine running Solaris 7,8, 9 or 10?

Will it work in any machine with a PCI slot (support software excluded, of course), or does it have be a machine running Solaris 7,8, 9 or 10?

I don't know. I presume only drivers for Solaris exist. The drivers provide mapping for filesystem and network access through the PCI interface; without drivers, it behaves as a standalone PC, and you can use it via the external ports as per normal.

I also have a SunPC card - which is the same thing, but sbus instead of PCI. That has no external ports.