Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS/T:Amiga 4000 Video Toaster [US] - SOLD

EDIT: No longer available - thanks.
I have an Amiga 4000 Video Toaster that I picked a while back with the intention of getting it going. I never have, and thought I'd see if there was any interest in it before I eBay it.

It powers on, but I don't have the necessary monitor, keyboard or mouse, so I'm not certain if it boots, or if there's anything to boot to. For those reasons, I'd consider it a repair job or parts box.

I'm far from the Amiga expert. so I'll post a few photos so you can look and judge for yourself. If you need to see anything else or have questions - post 'em or PM me.

Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Aaahh... the good ol' times! :D
recondas wrote:
VideoToaster4000.jpg

I have an Amiga 4000 Video Toaster that I picked a while back with the intention of getting it going. I never have, and thought I'd see if there was any interest in it before I eBay it.

I could be interested. What might you be looking for?
:OnyxR: :IRIS3130: :IRIS2400: :Onyx: :ChallengeL: :4D220VGX: :Indigo: :Octane: :Cube: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy:
this is a very nice piece of hw :) ... may i note ... the whole thing in constructional elements is VERY alike to the indigo2`s :)
note the vertical riser card (is this EISA?) and it have exactly 4 slots, the down-copper line with audio conns, the psu position, the position of drive sleeds ...
maybe sgi then just taken the design origins from it ?

good luck with the sale! ///
-----------------
Image Image Image
cybercow wrote: this is a very nice piece of hw :) ... may i note ... the whole thing in constructional elements is VERY alike to the indigo2`s :)
note the vertical riser card (is this EISA?) and it have exactly 4 slots, the down-copper line with audio conns, the psu position, the position of drive sleeds ...
maybe sgi then just taken the design origins from it ?

good luck with the sale! ///

The slots are Zorro3 (Amiga proprietary bus) and ISA on the other end (for a few ISA cards that there were drivers for).
Actually Amiga 2000 and Amiga 4000 were the worst looking Amigas as Commodore used the skins of their current at the time PC line (kinda like what SGI did with Fuel).
For cool-looking Amigas you'd need to look at Amiga 1000 and Amiga 3000 (my favourite design - a bit like NEXT workstation except in beige).

Nik.