SGI: Hardware

"Spielberg Edition" Indigo

I am probably shooting myself in the foot on my own chance at getting this, but I want to make sure it goes to a good home and not parted out on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1205472826

It's an Indigo Elan "Spielberg Edition", and judging by the "1/1" marking, this is the only one of its kind. See the auction for the other details.
:Onyx2: 4x R14000 :Tezro: 4x R16000 :Fuel: 1x R16000 :Octane: 2x R14000 :O2+: RM7000 :O2: R10000 :O2: RM5200 :Indigo2IMP: R10000 :Indigo2: R8000 :O3x0: 4x R14000 :Indy: R5000

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic
I'd kill to see what is on that hard drive.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Wow. I really hope it goes to an enthusiast on here!
:Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
The marking looks handwritten - not a sticker like jurassic classic or other "special" sgis. Why not since it is apparently a one off. Maybe Steven Spielberg himself signed it for a promotion? :shock:
Just grab your dick then point and click.
pentium wrote: I'd kill to see what is on that hard drive.

maybe it's blank :P
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote:

Don't poke at my hopes like that. :(
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
pentium wrote:
foetz wrote:

Don't poke at my hopes like that. :(

... or maybe there's an old alias installed from the coff times with all the inhouse plugins from ilm :D

better? :D
r-a-c.de
Hahaha! You guys crack me up! Well, is no-one going to pick her up and find out?

(I can see the thread already "In bed with Indiga...")
I saw that the other day - very nice! I wouldn't be surprised if had something to do with Jurassic Park production.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Code: Select all

Winning bid: US $531.99 ( 24 bidsĀ  / 5 bidders )

No provenance included, unless you count the business cards taped to the machine's door. It might have gone a lot higher if the seller had put some time into chasing those two gentlemen down and found out a little more about the machine and whatever basis there is for any Spielberg connection. Or even got somebody helpful at SGI to lookup the sales records for that serial number...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Did it go to anyone on here?
:Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
chicaneuk wrote: Did it go to anyone on here?

Not me. I got sidetracked and my programmed snipe failed to fire because whoever that one bidder is cranked the price up past the snipe value before I noticed.

Dante needs a tenth circle for people like that...
:Onyx2: 4x R14000 :Tezro: 4x R16000 :Fuel: 1x R16000 :Octane: 2x R14000 :O2+: RM7000 :O2: R10000 :O2: RM5200 :Indigo2IMP: R10000 :Indigo2: R8000 :O3x0: 4x R14000 :Indy: R5000

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
Kumba wrote:

Not me. I got sidetracked and my programmed snipe failed to fire because whoever that one bidder is cranked the price up past the snipe value before I noticed.

So you didn't get it because you were outbid? sounds like a proper auction to me.
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
Pontus wrote:
Kumba wrote:

So you didn't get it because you were outbid? sounds like a proper auction to me.

eBay hasn't had "proper auctions" ever since they instituted that "anonymous" bidding system. I used to be able to look at bidder's profiles and past wins to gauge if I stood a chance competing with them or not. Actually went up against 3ddoc a couple of times on a few auctions and lost sorely because he runs a business selling SGI gear, whereas I'm just a hobbyist/collector. So I learned to watch out for him, and if he put up a bid on something, that meant it was better for me to move on to other items. Now, it's just like everyone's got a bag over their head so you can't really know whose bidding against you. Some might like it better that way, but not me. I like to know who my competition is.

If anything, I view eBay now more like an open-market bazaar with on-the-spot bartering.

Ebay is simple. You figure out how much you can afford to pay and put in your bid. If somebody else can pay more, you lose. Ebay automatically bids for you so if your max bid is sky high you will not have to pay too much if nobody else comes close.

My only wish is that they would extend the ending time like ebid or dovebid, or at least make it an option for the sellers, if there is a bid in the last 10 minutes or so.
Just grab your dick then point and click.