SGI: Hardware

Fair price for a V8 pro (octane/octane2) and performance?

Hi, just wondering what is reasonable to pay for a v8 that slots into the octane2?
I've seen a few on fleabay, but they charge through the roof for shipping..

Also, is there any performance increase over the top impact with trams installed? Some of those tram modules are getting bloody expensive on fleabay...

Try posting in the "Hardware wanted" forum, there's got to be a compendium of nekochaners who'd be willing to part with a V8 for less-than-backbreaking price and shipping.

World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote:
There's one on Ebay right now for $79, which I think is about $40 too much but it's not how much it costs it's what it's worth to ya.
As long as you've got a display that'll work with the resolutions supported by the V8 , $79 ain't a bad deal if you consider that's probably less than half of the going rate for the 128MB V12 alternative.
vishnu wrote:
Try posting in the "Hardware wanted" forum, there's got to be a compendium of nekochaners who'd be willing to part with a V8 for less-than-backbreaking price and shipping.
The one currently on eBay is actually being offered by a forum member , so you could always PM him to discuss the issue.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *