SGI: Hardware

Fuel PSU problems - Page 5

I believe the Sparkle PSU (FSP460-60PFN) in my Fuel has died, so I'm planning to replace it with an ATX PSU as others have done in this thread with the final goal of adding the "fan simulator" circuit that kubatyszko created and re-enabling env monitoring. I've taken my dead original PSU apart and was able to remove the extra SGI monitoring chip. I've attached some photos for future reference. :mrgreen:

The ATX PSU that I bought is an Antec True Power TPII-430. http://www.antec.com/specs/TPII430_spe.html Its current output on each rail exceeds the maximum provided by the original Sparkle, so hopefully it will work just fine. I'll post an update once it arrives.

I'm happy to report another success following in the footsteps of Pontus and Recondas. I finished creating the ATX-to-WTX cables last night and was able to successfully power up my Fuel after disabling env monitoring.

The PSU I'm using does have a two wire connector coming from its fan, but sadly the wires do not seem to be labeled on the circuit board inside the fan. I'll try to suss out which is which this evening and connect them up to pins 12 and 24 on the P1 connector, so I can hopefully re-enable env monitoring.

Many thanks to all who contributed to this solution! :-D