SGI: Hardware

Best CRT display for V8?

If I want the use V8 gfx with 12-bits per component in mind, which CRT display would be best? (Also, any recommendations for a good place to buy it?)

(I don't see LCD displays being as viable (as in cost and colorspace), but I'm open to all options, really).
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides
scottE wrote: If I want the use V8 gfx with 12-bits per component in mind, which CRT display would be best? (Also, any recommendations for a good place to buy it?)

If you weren't in Alaska this'd be a no-brainer - Sony 24" new version GDM-FW900. Damned thing weighs so much to ship tho :(

Personally can't stand LCD's - even the IBM P260 here is better than a flat panel. Ugh.
Try the GDM 5411. Goes around 100 $ and has an excellent picture.
:Octane2: 2xR12000 400MHz, 4GB RAM, V12
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Go for a NEC/Mitsubishi or iiyama CRT monitor, their monitors are of a very high quality (I happen to own a 22" NEC/Mitsubishi one and I'm really happy with it). You'll only have to buy a 13W3-to-coaxial/DB15 cable/adapter. But beware, the TFT, the newest hype, is crap.
LAMMEN GORTHAUR
Well, after all that (which I will copy for future reference), I wound up acquiring a Dell(Trinitron) Ultrascan P991 CRT in excellent condition.

For free! (Thereby allowing me to invest in some fiber channel stuff).

So yeah. 1900x1200 is pretty spiff, and no flicker issues (as the V8s are wont to have).
Scott Elyard cgfx.us
:Octane2: Sarcosuchus_imperator :Octane: Liopleurodon :Indigo2: Carcharodon :Indy: Helicoprion :Indigo: Paradoxides