Nekochan Net

Trackers?

Ghostery picks up (and blocks) no less than 14 trackers on forums.nekochan.net. Is that intentional or something that comes with phpBB?
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
Wow, no idea. Do you have an example?

I just tried the plugin in Safari here and got:

Ghostery found 0 trackers
forums.nekochan.net

Not seeing anything using the Ghostery web site either. Looks like there may be some issues on your side.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
False alert. Seems I have a Firefix addon causing this. When I nail the suspect it shall be killed with fire 8-)

Thanks

Edit: so it's not an addon, but the combination of Ghostery and the latest Firefox (42). If I browse e.g. Slashdot w./ Firefox 42 + adblock + ghostery (5 trackers) and then navigate to forums.nekochan.net, I get the same 5 trackers . Verified on Windows and OSX. A freshly started Firefox shows zero trackers on Nekochan. Safari (Mac) also.

Weird. Smells like XSS turned cross-site-tracking
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
Well it's nice that Nekochan can be used to help find that sort of bug. :)
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Not exactly OT but I've found recent versions of Firefox to be almost unusable on my Linux box, the text widget is dogmeat slow and the URL typeahead is worse. I switched to a recent version of Chromium and it has no speed problems at all. My box has two 3.2GHz Xeons with a custom kernel (3.6.13) which compiled only support for my hardware and only runs services/daemons I use. I know Firefox is deadly slow on old hardware but come on, 3.2GHz? Seriously? Strange things are afoot in Mozillaland... :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: Not exactly OT but I've found recent versions of Firefox to be almost unusable on my Linux box ...

Light on Windows, version 36, via rdp - same. Awful.
The time has come for someone to put his foot down ...
For the record: a Ghostery update fixed this.
Not exactly OT but I've found recent versions of Firefox to be almost unusable on my Linux box,

Another reason to prefer the ESR builds.
Also, TenFourFox FTW.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote:
vishnu wrote: Not exactly OT but I've found recent versions of Firefox to be almost unusable on my Linux box,

Another reason to prefer the ESR builds.

I have not tried that but I can't imagine it would be doing anything different with the text input widget or the URL typeahead. Another thing, if firefox sits at youtube for a while, not watching any videos and not having it as the active window, if you go back to that window, it takes like a minute to become responsive. What the heck is up with that? It's been doing that for years. Chromium does not do that. I'll be sticking with Chromium for the foreseeable future it seems. :shock:

ClassicHasClass wrote: Also, TenFourFox FTW.

Me no gots Power Mac... :x
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote: Another thing, if firefox sits at youtube for a while, not watching any videos and not having it as the active window, if you go back to that window, it takes like a minute to become responsive. What the heck is up with that? It's been doing that for years. Chromium does not do that. I'll be sticking with Chromium for the foreseeable future it seems. :shock:

Firefox is a piece of shit written by whores. Currently, I have a whole bunch of domains dumped to a mini-http-server that returns a 404 immediately, instead of waiting forever. That seems to be a help.

There is no good browser out there :(

On a more pleasant note, I just read that faceblob is scared to death. 95% of their income comes from unwanted advertising, 78% of it on mobiles, and the Apple Store just started selling ad-blockers :D :D :D

To quote Mrs Lovett, "Die ! Die ! God in heaven -- die !"
The time has come for someone to put his foot down ...
hamei wrote:
vishnu wrote: Another thing, if firefox sits at youtube for a while, not watching any videos and not having it as the active window, if you go back to that window, it takes like a minute to become responsive. What the heck is up with that? It's been doing that for years. Chromium does not do that. I'll be sticking with Chromium for the foreseeable future it seems. :shock:

Firefox is a piece of shit written by whores. Currently, I have a whole bunch of domains dumped to a mini-http-server that returns a 404 immediately, instead of waiting forever. That seems to be a help.

I think there are still a few good people left working on the mozilla codebase, Dan Mosedale for example. At least I think he's still working on it. I could be wrong. I was wrong once, I remember it... ;)

hamei wrote: There is no good browser out there :(

On a more pleasant note, I just read that faceblob is scared to death. 95% of their income comes from unwanted advertising, 78% of it on mobiles, and the Apple Store just started selling ad-blockers :D :D :D

What I don't get is who are all these morons clicking on those ads and thus fueling the faceblech economy? :roll:
Project:
Plan:

hamei wrote: On a more pleasant note, I just read that faceblob is scared to death. 95% of their income comes from unwanted advertising, 78% of it on mobiles, and the Apple Store just started selling ad-blockers :D :D :D

I just made a facebook after my wife playing with it for a few weeks. We have one simple rule - no real names and no real pictures. This should be a no-brainer. I have found FB is a great tool for hiring people. It's like having your own personal PI :shock: People say things they would never say to a potential employer. I've weeded out dozens of candidates without even having to scroll down too far ;)
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.