Nekochan Net

speed check - Page 2

Hakimoto wrote: Well, vishnu, I don't know where they get their numbers from but most people here live on less than 100 $ a month...

Despite the fact that the US has donated something like $100 billion in nonmilitary aid to Afghanistan since 2002... :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: Despite the fact that the US has donated something like $100 billion in nonmilitary aid to Afghanistan since 2002... :shock:

Meanwhile, the US can't afford to keep the parks or libraries open, can't afford to pay the retirement checks that people paid for over decades of work, can't afford any kind of reasonable medical care, can't afford much of anything (except a few trillion here and there for the banksters).

I was recently quoted a minimum of $40,000 for a half-hour outpatient arthoscopic surgery, would you like to discuss misplaced priorities ?

A friend fell down in Belgium, had their elbow reconstructed under emergency conditions, they did a great job, cost $1800. What is wrong with the stuff between the ears of Americans ? Whatever that stuff might be, since it obviously isn't brains ?

During Vietnam, someone calculated that it would have been cheaper to give every Vietnamese person a new Cadillac and no driver training. More of "the enemy" would have been killed and the cost would have been a fraction of what we spent.

The US is pathologically ill. Honest.
bonaparte is coming with his armies from the south ....
Oh hamei, the economy is just a big bucket, the money sloshes back and forth and at this point the money is all sloshing toward the banksters. Pretty soon it will slosh the other way toward the parks and the retirees and the reasonably priced medical care... :mrgreen: :lol:
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote: Pretty soon it will slosh the other way toward the parks and the retirees and the reasonably priced medical care... :mrgreen: :lol:

Ooh ! You guys got a big order for tumbrels, didja ? :D

So Dick Dauch just died .. and it occurred to me that the US is not going to go out with a bang. It will just become more and more irrelevant. In fact .....
hamei wrote: Ooh ! You guys got a big order for tumbrels, didja ? :D
Yes! The order poured in... :lol:

hamei wrote: So Dick Dauch just died .. and it occurred to me that the US is not going to go out with a bang. It will just become more and more irrelevant. In fact .....

Indeed. Case in point: IBM Furloughs U.S. Hardware Employees
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote: Indeed. Case in point: IBM Furloughs U.S. Hardware Employees

Executives in the division will take no pay during the week.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
guardian452 wrote:
Executives in the division will take no pay during the week.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. The difference between the United States and Syria is, at this point in time, the United States still feels a need to lie about what the privileged are doing.

First, notice they don't say who these "executives" are. Are they really executives or are they mid-level and lower salaried employees ?

Second, every single one of the altruist $1-a-year CEO stories turns out to be nothing but a lie. Sure, the salary is $1 a year. But the 480,000 no-cost issues of preferred stock, the $250,000 tax break, the 24/7 use of the corporate jet with luxury accomodations anywhere in the world, the girlfriends and whores, the paid-for housing in Belvedere, the cattle ranch in Montana that a chain of drugstores really needed for "research" purposes, I guess all that doesn't count as salary ?

Follow up on enough of the propaganda and you won't believe a word of it, because it is all lies. At least Syrians are no longer naive enough to believe that shit.
Remember this? Not too many years ago I had an (several) IBM(s) and used it (them) proudly...

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhib ... onward.wav
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
guardian452 wrote: Not too many years ago I had an (several) IBM(s) and used it (them) proudly...

As corporations go, at least IBM is not the worst. Maybe that's faint praise but better than no praise at all :D

Of all the computer stuff I've bought, I'd say IBM has been the most trustworthy. I also like the fact that when peecees became a market where they didn't want to be, they sold it instead of whoring themselves.
Now if IBM would only actually talk to end users who want to buy their hardware ...
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote: Now if IBM would only actually talk to end users who want to buy their hardware ...

Never...going...to happen! :lol:
Project:
Plan:
Yup. You're so right. -_-
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 800MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote: Yup. You're so right. -_-

They've been that way for a looooong time tho. Maybe forever ? It took an Act of God to buy a Selectric typewriter in 1976.

The peecee thing was a temporary abberration.
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
hamei wrote: They've been that way for a looooong time tho. Maybe forever ? It took an Act of God to buy a Selectric typewriter in 1976.

The peecee thing was a temporary abberration.

It's a well known fact that three-letter computer companies (IBM, SGI, mumble mumble mumble, some others, etc.) do not market nor do they sell to members of the general public. Years of research into why this is the case have failed to uncover how this benefits their business model... ;)
Project:
Plan: