Nekochan Net

More Primary Mirror Stuff

Hardware's getting expensive so I virtualized it. No sense in paying $60/month colo fees for something that gets used less than your grandma's lingerie.

Just synced the mirror to the new box. Same hostname but no IPv6 this time around. PM me if anything's broken.
Dude, speak for your own grandmother.

;)
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
If you were getting colo for $60 a month you were stealin' it! :shock:

Around here it starts at ~$260 a month, for which you get 1U of rackspace which is capped to one byte per day... :lol:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: If you were getting colo for $60 a month you were stealin' it! :shock:

Around here it starts at ~$260 a month, for which you get 1U of rackspace which is capped to one byte per day... :lol:

Jeez! Bits and amps must be more expensive the closer you get to Canada. :)

I know of some places where for $60/month you could colocate a threaded screw in a rack and that's about it. Must be that "enterprise-grade hosting" markup. ;)
vishnu wrote: If you were getting colo for $60 a month you were stealin' it! :shock:

I kept a horse in a box stall for a couple years at $60 a month :shock: Fed twice a day and mucked out once a day. They even took him out and let him run around in the ring once in a while if I couldn't get out to see him. (Leaving him locked up was a bad idea - 1,000 lbs of nervous energy after it's been cooped up for two days, whoo boy.)
What is "colo", co-location or?
--
No Microsoft product was used in any way to write or send this text.
If you use a Microsoft product to read it, you're doing so at your own
risk.
mila wrote: What is "colo", co-location or?

You're spot on. It's just shorthand for colocation.