HP/DEC/Compaq

Firefox, Seamonkey, et al. build on HP-UX (11.11)

Any of you guys ever been able to get it to compile? Usually the errors I get say something about assembler and at that point I'm just like "I have no idea" so I've never really bothered to look into it much.

Well, as far as I recall, I got to the moment where code was truly meant to be compiled under GNU cpp, it was an assembler code that ought to be preprocessed but native cpp couldn't cope with code not being C/C++. Never found a workaround.

The firefox source expects to be built with aCC on HPUX. Don't even bother with gcc - use the package provided by HP, even though it's rather old.

By the way: pkgsrc for HPUX works nicely. :)

The firefox source expects to be built with aCC on HPUX. Don't even bother with gcc - use the package provided by HP, even though it's rather old.

By the way: pkgsrc for HPUX works nicely. :)

I was actually thinking of pkgsrc last night, I was like "why not just give that a go" :lol:

Two of the better channels to lurk in for that are #pkgsrc and #hpux on freenode. The (only?) pkgsrc maintainer for HPUX is in both.

Two of the better channels to lurk in for that are #pkgsrc and #hpux on freenode. The (only?) pkgsrc maintainer for HPUX is in both.

I'll check it out, thanks for the tip.

I've got 2 J5600s if you didn't notice my sig. 2xFXE 5GB ram in one and 2xFX10 3GB in the other

I want to get me a ZX6000 though, some day... then I can get rid of at least three machines and multiboot HPUX, VMS and Linux.

Itanium2 == bandwidth! I wish they had created a workstation with the zx2 chipset, that'd have rocked.

software portal

By the way: I did get me a C8000 in the meantime... 2 x dualcore PA8900 1.1GHz, 4GB ram, 4 x 72GB scsi ;)

RS6000 7044-170 333MHz/1GB