HP/DEC/Compaq

[Wanted] Is the DECStation 5000/25 bios allowed to share

If it is allowed to share, and if you wish, please share with me.
Otherwise, just forget it.
Don't know if the rom image is copyrighted or not?
Thanks
Jack
You mean like this one here ?

The Personal DECstation 5000/25 is a MIPS-based workstation. You are aware it's not going to run Windows, right? Forgive me if you already know that, it's just odd to have somebody requesting "BIOS" for a MIPS-based workstation... Is there a specific problem you've run into that you think later firmware than what's already loaded would correct?
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
hello smj,
glad to hear a quick response, did you mean decstation 5000/25 hasn't got any firmware inside?
If so, thanks a lot for telling me that. I have been looking for it as if it was there

Jack
All DECstations have firmware, but none of them provide the kind of window-driven setup that PC BIOS does. While there's usually nothing wrong with updating to the last released firmware, there's also usually not a lot to be gained unless you've run into a specific problem and found an indication that a different firmware release will fix it. By and large, the firmware on these systems does little more than load and execute software (from disk, tape, CD, or the network), examine/modify memory, dump the processor state, manage a few variables in NVRAM, and perhaps a few other low-level tasks.

Let me ask a different question - what do you expect to do with any DECstation firmware you can find?
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
smj wrote: Let me ask a different question - what do you expect to do with any DECstation firmware you can find?

:) I will pop it into an emulator called gxemul, it is not easy to compile. But it took me half a year or so...
Thanks
Jack
Really? It built out of the box for me on my G5.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote: Really? It built out of the box for me on my G5.

same here, not a single prob even without gcc
r-a-c.de
I actually once completed compiling it successfully, but I messed it up again. So it took some time again