Sun

USB install and mount point

Creeping up on another Solaris installation here (oh boy I can hardly wait) but thinking of installing to a USB stick. In that situation. what's the normal way to deal with mounting the disk ? Mount at /export/home and make a link to /opt ? or the other way around ? or something much smarter ?
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
What version of Solaris? If it's 11 it's as easy as falling off a log: http://www.unixarena.com/2014/08/installing-oracle-solaris-11-2-using-usb-openstack-image.html
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: What version of Solaris? If it's 11 it's as easy as falling off a log: /installing-oracle-solaris-11-2-using-usb- openstack -image.

Holy Mother of Snowden, Margaret ! It's The Cloud ! Run for your life ! Hide the data in the root cellar and smear yourself with dogshit, it'll think you are a yuppy and Belong to It !

Fear Not, Father Babbage will deliver thee from SIGINT.

Ellison, Schmidt, Paige ! I command thee in the name of Stallman ! Depart this rack and torment this computer no more ! Begone, thou misbegotten coupling of Greed and Fascism ! Return thy fetid stench to Mountain View !

Meanwhile, it looks like it's time to investigate Containers. Jeeze, not exactly what I needed to spend the waning years of my youth on but no other choice I can see ... looks kind of interesting, actually.
This is for sparc presumably? Been thinking about picking up a Sunfire V240 at my local Sun recycler. 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: If it's 11 it's as easy as falling off a log

:lol:

in terms of dry humor you definitely deserve the forum's badge of honor.
no offence hamei, you get most other badges :P
r-a-c.de
vishnu wrote: This is for sparc presumably? Been thinking about picking up a Sunfire V240 at my local Sun recycler. 8-)

C'mon, you know you really want an X4500 :D Surprisingly, there's one over here for about $600. Probably no disks tho. Do you get a quantity discount when you buy 50 ? :P

For me, x86 this time. The HP Microserver seems pretty nice so far. Smaller than an O2 with four disks and a dvd-writer and 2 pci-e slots. 20 watts, dual-core AMD. Very quiet. The design is not as pretty, working inside it sucks but maybe a nice little box otherwise. So far so good.

Solaris 11 for the cifs.

Finally looking into the containers thingy, might be useful in this case.

foetz wrote: no offence hamei

None taken. It was a deserved badge ... :P
To update myself, seems that /export/home has been upstaged by /zones. This zones/containers thing looks pretty nice. Would be perfect on Irix if SGI hadn't flushed themselves down the toilet. Thanks, Bozo ! Nice work !
in terms of dry humor you definitely deserve the forum's badge of honor.

samsung note 5 folie
Träume nicht Dein Leben, sondern lebe Deinen Traum. hulle6