Sun

Ultra 20 ATX based?

A question for anyone out there who has experience with an Ultra 20. Is the motherboard an ATX form factor or something proprietary? The Ultra 20 white paper makes this confusing statement

The Sun Ultra 20 Workstation motherboard PCBA is unique to the Sun Ultra 20 Workstation products, and need not
conform to any specific form factor. However, for the purposes of this specification, it is ATX.

The cases are pretty sharp looking and I'd like to use one for my next PC build.
astouffer wrote: A question for anyone out there who has experience with an Ultra 20. Is the motherboard an ATX form factor or something proprietary?

Never owned one but I have read that they are a stock Tyan motherboard.
two girls for every boy ...
Yeah the are pertty much a bone stock PC with a Sun branded AMI bios. If you are looking to purchase one, make sure its a U20M2, way more value there. Dual gigabit nics, DDR2 instead of 1, lots of AM2 chips to pick from (no quad core support though), supports 16GB of ram if you can manage to find 4GB DDR2 dimms and best of all - VT-x support.

The first gen U20... well... I would just avoid them.
Stuff.
Thanks everyone. I was planning on using a new motherboard and maybe a FX-8350 cpu and tossing whatever it came with. My current case is an SGI 320 workstation. Let me tell you its nothing at all like a normal PC. From the back its not pretty but the front sure is snazzy with that slide down cover.