Sun

Oracle/Solaris

Got an email from Sun/Oracle today entitled "Free Oracle Solaris Training" , so maybe Solaris isn't as close to extinction as has been speculated.

Looks like they also have a new <to me anyway> catch-phrase " Software.Hardware. Complete " <with red-lettering used to emphasize 'complete' part of the slogan.>

It remains to be seen what bearing this will have on a freely-available-to-the-public version of Solaris.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
old is new. the 70's verticulation is back!

I loathe and despise this trend towards three single word not-quite-sentences as a motto, a trend evidently devised by people who failed English repeatedly.

Used sparingly by authors who know what they're doing single-word sentences are OK. Their large-scale use by marketing types should be suppressed, violently if necessary.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL:
SAQ wrote:
Used sparingly by authors who know what they're doing single-word sentences are OK. Their large-scale use by marketing types should be suppressed, violently if necessary.
Really?

:lol:

recondas wrote:
Looks like they also have a new <to me anyway> catch-phrase " Software.Hardware. Complete " <with red-lettering used to emphasize 'complete' part of the slogan.>

come to think of it SnOracle always caught my fancy.

To be a sentence that word would have to be a verb.