Sun

pkgsrc on Solaris

I installed the sunfreeware versions of gcc and libiconv so I could bootstrap pkgsrc. When trying to build the pkgsrc version of gcc 3.4 I get "ld.so.1: makedoc: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory". Running ldd on that binary tells me "libgcc_s.so.1 => (file not found)" - twice. I have a couple versions of libgcc_s.so on the system, but not a pkgsrc version. Can someone give me any hints as to what is going on?
Principle Over Politics : http://www.ConstitutionParty.org
I have a question: why pkgsrc when there is blastwave.org?
zizban wrote: I have a question: why pkgsrc when there is blastwave.org?

My question is why learn multiple packaging systems, when there is one that I know, works well, and is available for multiple platforms?
ChristTrekker wrote:
zizban wrote: I have a question: why pkgsrc when there is blastwave.org?

My question is why learn multiple packaging systems, when there is one that I know, works well, and is available for multiple platforms?

Okay, fair enough.
ChristTrekker wrote: Can someone give me any hints as to what is going on?

I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib before doing compilations with gcc on Solaris.
Land of the Long White Cloud and no Software Patents.
porter wrote: I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib before doing compilations with gcc on Solaris.

I've read that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is kind of hackish, but I don't know enough about compilers and such to understand why that is.
ChristTrekker wrote: I've read that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is kind of hackish, but I don't know enough about compilers and such to understand why that is.

(a) it's hackish if you don't know what you are doing

(b) it's nothing to do with compilers and everything to do with link loaders.

The claim is you can insert a rogue library in the path to upset things. The answer is to use fully qualified paths on programs that are SUID.

For programs that are not SUID it doesn't truely make a difference.
Land of the Long White Cloud and no Software Patents.
man crle its the Solaris way.

-Mike
If you are trying to compile with sun GCC, it's in /usr/ccs/bin. Make sure it's in your path.
So I'll just necro this. I've been slowly refurbishing the Ultra-3 laptop. It has Solaris 10 on it. It also has the SUNWgcc package.

pkgsrc bootstraps fine, but nothing will build; it says
No acceptable compiler for (whatever package).

In /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf, I have PKGSRC_COMPILER set to /usr/sfw/bin/gcc, which is where the gcc that successfully built pkgsrc's bootstrap is. What gives?
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
pkgsrc is kind of retarded (oops I prolly shouldn't use that word with a medical professional!), you have to have usr/sfw/bin/gcc in your $PATH as well. :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
I thought I did, though. I'll recheck everything. I just finished getting Firefox 38 on it.
smit happens.

probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Turned out I had to add USE_PKGSRC_GCC=no and USE_NATIVE_GCC=yes to get it off the ground (and bmake clean everywhere that could be tainted).

Now, as usual, it's busily building everything else as a prerequisite for everything else, but it's working, I guess.
smit happens.