SGI: Video

Extron RGB 112 / RGB 112xi

Came home to a nice surprise tonight:
s-l141.jpg
s-l141.jpg (2.64 KiB) Viewed 322 times

And
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg (4.13 KiB) Viewed 322 times

Why did I get them.. no idea, they looked cool, and they so are...

The RGB 112 PLUS 33-133-01 seems rather good at displaying output from my Indy on a monitor that is not SOG compatible.
Whereas (I think the more expensive) RGB 112xi 13w3 with ADSP cannot.

Anyone used these?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Quite some time ago I found two Extron RGB 202Rxi(s) in a box of stuff that came with an Onyx2 I picked up as surplus. I've never used them, but according to the info silkscreened on to the bottom, they will translate SoG to separate H&V sync and composite sync, and also does audio. Probably used to connect the video and audio from two computers to a projector, tho I don't see why it would also work if connected to an (analog) monitor.

The description printed on the bottom says "The RGB 202Rxi is an analog computer-video interface with 300 MHz (-3dB) video bandwidth and Advanced Digital Sync Processing (ADSP). It accepts two computer-video and unbalanced stereo audio inputs. It features one RGBHV/RGBS/RGsB output and one balanced line level, stereo audio output."

They look interesting, but I never had the opportunity to put them to use or test how well they work.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Extron makes video switchers and distribution amplifiers. The 112 is a buffered display mirror: it lets you send the same video signal along two different cables to two displays. It can also convert sync signals and shift the signals' timing.

I have a couple of them but they are buried pretty far back in storage.

the manuals are here:
http://www.extron.com/download/files/la ... 12plus.pdf
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: