SGI: Video

SGI o2 only capturing a tiny portion of video with errors.

When I record video from the side panels with mediarecorder on my SGI o2, only a tiny portion is encoded when done recording and I get this error:

"Cannot map buffer for image conversion.
DM_IMAGE_COMPRESSION"

I'm using SGI JPEG, 30fps, full NTSC.

I'm using it on a 175mhz r10k with 128mb RAM and IRIX 6.5.30 btw, and it encodes fine for a sec or 2.
That's what I wrote in your other thread. If I remember correctly, I have seen the the same error when I tried this with Irix 6.5.30. It works for me with Irix 6.5.22, but I also have 1GB RAM installed.

That's what I wrote in your other thread. If I remember correctly, I have seen the the same error when I tried this with Irix 6.5.30. It works for me with Irix 6.5.22, but I also have 1GB RAM installed.

I just downgraded to 6.5.15 and it's still crapping out with the same settings....I'd put more ram in it but all the ram on eBay is so expensive.
I know that I've heard 150MHz R10k had video capture issues, and I have a lingering suspicion that 175 might have as well.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
SAQ wrote:
I know that I've heard 150MHz R10k had video capture issues, and I have a lingering suspicion that 175 might have as well.

It's been a long time, but that's my recollection, too. IIRC, for the R10k, 195 MHz was the minimum workable configuration.
Indeed, the 195MHz is the minimum for an R10k O2 to reliably capture video, according to e.g. Alexis Cousein:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys ... 093dbed7b0

I think I still have a spare 195MHz CPU somewhere in a drawer, you can have it for 10 EUR plus shipping from germany...
canavan wrote:
Indeed, the 195MHz is the minimum for an R10k O2 to reliably capture video, according to e.g. Alexis Cousein:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys ... 093dbed7b0

I think I still have a spare 195MHz CPU somewhere in a drawer, you can have it for 10 EUR plus shipping from germany...

Note that I'm not saying that the CPU is definitely the problem here, just that it's pointless to spend a lot of time troubleshooting an error on something that's known not to work anyway. He may still need to mess around with it even after upgrading.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
A couple of years ago kshcsuf created an alternative O2 video capture app called pjcap.

No specific mentions 175Mhz O2s, but pjcap seems to have been reasonably well-received at the time. At the time it was offered was I no longer using an O2 (so I can't offer personal experience).

The original d/l links look dead - but neko attached a copy to a post (on the second page): viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16722588

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *